Author Topic: Restarting Couatl after it crashes  (Read 6329 times)

Keller199

Restarting Couatl after it crashes
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:42:55 pm »
Hello,

This happens very rarely, but on some flights couatl.exe crashes (with the 'stopped responding' error msg) mid flight, so when I land I find that the GSX menu has disappeared.

I try running couatl.exe directly from the P3D/fsdreamteam/couatl directory, but it never seems to connect with P3D? so the GSX menu never reappears. The only way to solve it is by restarting P3D and continuing the flight from where I left off.....

Is there anyway of manually restarting couatl.exe? Should I be using a commandline or something.

I guess it not a huge issue, because it only happened like 3 times in the past 2 months, but I wanted to check if there is an easier way?

Thanks

dawgfan58

Re: Restarting Couatl after it crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:48:00 pm »
I would also like to know the answer to this question.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:42:02 pm »
I'm sorry, but there's no way to manually restart Couatl.exe after it crashed, because it would need to re-establish communication with the sim with a broken channel that can only be reinstated with a sim restart.

In fact, a problem with the communication with the sim, might just be what caused the crash in the first place but, without a proper error log or reproduction steps, it would be impossible to say why the communication was interrupted to begin with, because it can be anything, even too many other addons flooding Simconnect with too many commands, that the sim cannot cope with them anymore, so it stops to talk with our program.

But again, not possible to say for sure without a reproducible example.

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 03:27:12 am »
I dunno if this helps, but have you tried restarting couatl with airport regeneration? I have to do this when it updates in order to get the GSX menu back in the sim.