Author Topic: The addon <unknown> is causing the couatl scripting engine to restart  (Read 8379 times)

dawgfan58

p3d v3.4 hotfix 1

couatl v3.1 (build 3577)
panic log started on Mon Jan 02 13:33:13 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 850, in do
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 145, in requestVehicles
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 821, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1892, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 137, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 201, in getInitialPosition
Boost.Python.ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    InitPosition.__init__(InitPosition, float, float)
did not match C++ signature:
    __init__(struct _object *, double latitude, double longitude, double altitude=0, double pitch=0, double bank=0, double heading=0, bool onGround=False, int airspeed=0)
{'Airport': 'KLAS', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Terminal 1 Concourse D|Gate D17', 'User Pos': (36.08215066736144, -115.1357315002272, 669.239 m, 4.47076 m, 299.9999987352277)}

dawgfan58

Re: The addon <unknown> is causing the couatl scripting engine to restart
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:59:34 pm »
I've isolated the issue to KLAS, as there is no problem at other airports. I have followed the instructions here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107872-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klas/

as I have orbx socal and was getting terrain issues at KLAS, which were fixed by following ORBX's instructions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 05:33:45 pm »
Are you use you use the latest GSX, the one we released on Dec. 20th ? That update required to download install the GSX Full installer, not just the Addon Manager.

dawgfan58

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 06:41:04 pm »
Yes. I used the new installer after I did a clean install of windows a couple of days ago. I also used the latest stand alone manager. I don't have this issue at any other FSDreamteam or other addon airport, which makes me think it has something to do with the bgl files I disabled per the orbx guide as I have orbx southern california. Unfortunately this fixed the elevation issues, but appears to have broken gsx at KLAS.

seippg

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:53 pm »
I got the same error at Malaga twice today.  I did install the stand-alone add-on manager today.  If that's the issue, can I just uninstall it?  If so, how?

Gregg

seippg

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 05:45:13 pm »
To be clear, here's the exact error I got...

couatl v3.1 (build 3577)
panic log started on Thu Jan 12 17:44:54 2017

File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 858, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 150, in requestVehicles
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 121, in setGate
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'index'
{'Airport': 'LEMG', 'User Pos': (36.67422793751622, -4.492558822495926, 15.5327 m, 4.51269 m, 10.387251691462408)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 10:07:20 pm »
To be clear, here's the exact error I got...

Ok so, you have an entirely different issue here.

The error is quite strange, because it seems you were able to call GSX without even being in a parking, which is not possible. Could be you were *so* quick opening the GSX menu, so it haven't even got the time to run the code to recognize the parking ? Are you able to replicate that error ?

If yes, please indicate the gate you were on, and the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX, which you can check with from scenery customization dialog, which opens with the "Customize airport positions" menu option.

seippg

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 12:21:46 am »
That's the funny part.  I didn't do anything with GSX yet.  It just crashed when I loaded and, when it restarted, started doing things...like refueling.  I never ask for fueling and it was nagging me to use my software to refuel.  I was in the A320 and clicked the Instant Load button to get it to stop bugging me.  

It was Aerosoft Malaga.  I'll see if I can figure out what gate but, it may be that the sim wasn't even settled down when it was trying to init or something in that fluid state...perhaps the restart of couatl was thinking that I was asking for fueling.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:24:55 am by seippg »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 12:33:04 am »
That's the funny part.  I didn't do anything with GSX yet.  It just crashed when I loaded and, when it restarted, started doing things...like refueling.  I never ask for fueling and it was nagging me to use my software to refuel.  I was in the A320 and clicked the Instant Load button to get it to stop bugging me.  

When you say "It just crashed when I loaded", are you referring to the error log you posted ? Or, you got another crash and the error log refers to this one, which came after you restarted, and refueled ?

seippg

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 01:36:40 am »
I loaded the A320 at Malaga.  When the scenery finished loading and the sim appeared, count maybe 5 seconds and the Couatl crash dialog box appeared.  I hadn't had a chance to do anything yet.  I restarted Couatl.  Within a minute it asked me what 'company' I wanted to use and I chose default (I still hadn't pressed shift-F12...it did it on its own.)  I then went on with setting up the flight.  A few minutes later it was asking me to use my fuel controls to refuel.  I did the 'instant load' thing with fuel, went on with the flight without incident.  Used GSX for passenger boarding and pushback.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:42:50 am by seippg »

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 10:45:43 am »
"The add-on<unknown> is causing the couatl scripting engine to restart"

I keep getting this error, intermittently at different Orbx airports. Usually after a flight at the gate. I am using MCE to request GSX services?

After the erroneous download (upgrade) issue earlier this month, I thought all was back to normal. ( At that time I re installed GSX with the latest version.) But after the error box appears, when I select to re download the manager, the manager is always current? So everything appears to be up to date. Unless I have re downloaded a corrupt/missing file in the re download?

Usually if I request Couatl to re initialize and re start I can get things working again.

I am beginning to think my 32 bit P3dv3.4 hf2 is groaning under the load of add ons and can not cope with the low VAS I am seeing. 400 MB remaining is "normal" in complex aircraft, when arriving at the gate after a flight....that is, when I can finish the flight without an Oom!

Thanks.

David
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:49:06 am by C130 »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 11:33:17 am »
I loaded the A320 at Malaga.  When the scenery finished loading and the sim appeared, count maybe 5 seconds and the Couatl crash dialog box appeared.  

Ok, we'll check it, but I suspect there might be something wrong/unusual with the scenery AFCAD.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 12:15:33 pm »
Hi all,

I'm also getting this message. I've had it when airborne and also on the ground. Latest incident is when loading a saved Concorde flight at ENGM (Oslo) so not a FSDreamTeam airport.

I was prompted to download and run the latest Addon Manager utility which I have done but still the crash occurs.

File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 121, in setGate
{'Airport': 'ENGM', 'User Pos': (60.1974589117609, 11.09774870742778, 211.352 m, 3.78444 m, 13.351533903090349)}

Guidance as to how to proceed would be appreciated. FSX:SP2 is my sim.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

seippg

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 11:40:29 pm »
I loaded the A320 at Malaga.  When the scenery finished loading and the sim appeared, count maybe 5 seconds and the Couatl crash dialog box appeared.  

Ok, we'll check it, but I suspect there might be something wrong/unusual with the scenery AFCAD.

Ok.  I'll do some tests. 

boilerbill

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 05:39:02 am »
Add me to the list of people who have experienced the error message listed in the thread's title. And it is completely reproducible, at least for me.

First, here are the contents of my error log after the error occurs...

couatl v3.1 (build 3577)
panic log started on Tue Jan 17 21:05:59 2017

{'Airport': 'LIMC', 'User Pos': (45.64467469114354, 8.724474918172357, 238.312 m, 4.53098 m, 348.99999027775186)}

Here are some details about my system and how I stumbled on the error...
1. I am running FSX/Accel on 64-bit Windows 7 Pro. It is located in C:\FSX, and is started in windowed mode using Run as Administrator. UAC is off. AV and firewalls set to ignore FSX and associated programs.
2. The scenery I used is Download ID No. 189874 from AVSIM: "LIMC - Malpensa Intl Airport - Milan, Italy" written by Ray Smith and Craig Scott. The flight was to go to EGCC but I never got beyond fueling.
3. After loading the default Cessna 172 at Gate 108, I loaded an Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM and set the parking brake.
4. The only other program that was running was the Aerosoft Airbus X Fuel Planner.
5. I started the same way I start most flights.
    · On the right-hand CDU, select the "Turn Around State" from the Aircraft State list. Then switch to the "Load and Fuel" page.
    · On the Aerosoft Airbus X Fuel Planner utility, press the "Generate Loadsheet" button to transmit the data. In the CDU, press the "Init Worksheet" button to receive the data in the aircraft.
    · To begin loading fuel, press the "Load Fuel" button in the CDU. The label changes from orange to flashing green to indicate fuel loading has started.
6. About 5 seconds after pressing the Load Fuel button the error window will appear. Its exact wording is the same as that shown in this thread's title.
7. After viewing the error log, you're asked if you want to restart Couatl? If you answer Yes, then an endless loop begins: Couatl restarts, the message that the airport cache has been loaded appears, then the message about the "addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart" appears again and the whole thing starts over.
8. Answer No to end the loop and the fuel loading proceeds normally. But all Couatl and GSX entries in the FSX Addon menu will have disappeared. Note that the GSX menu is not opened at any time during this startup process.

I investigated a bit more and discovered a few other things...
1. The fueling-related error occurs for any Aerosoft Airbus A320/321, including both CFM and IAE models. (I don't own the NEO or the A318/A319, but I would bet the error happens with them as well if they use the same fueling programming.)
2. The specific values on the loadsheet (pax count, cargo weight, and fuel amount) don't matter at all. If the steps described above are followed, the error occurs.
3. Checking the "Auto Load with Aircraft" box on the Airbus X Fuel Planner doesn't matter. The error occurs when the Load Fuel button is pressed, as described above.
4. If the "Start Boarding" and/or "Load Cargo" buttons are pressed first, no error occurs. It's only after the "Load Fuel" button is pushed that the error occurs.
5. The error does not occur if the "Load Instant" button (to instantaneously load fuel, pax, and cargo) is pressed. It only seems to happen when the refueling truck would be called, judging by what normally happens when no error is seen. That would be logical since the last part of the error log mentions Vehicle a couple of times.
6. The fueling error occurs at every gate between 101 and 118 in the LIMC scenery I used. It has not occurred at any of the other gates that I've checked, but I haven't checked all of them.
7. It isn't just the Aerosoft Airbuses that experience problems at gates 101 through 118. No matter what type of aircraft is used at those gates (PMDG B777, iFly 737/747, ConcordeX, etc.), when the GSX menu is opened it is the wrong menu. Instead of the usual gate-related list (Deboarding, Catering, Fueling, etc.), the menu that appears is for arriving aircraft, with each runway and the various types of parking spots.
8. Obviously, I haven't experienced this problem at any gate at any other airport with any aircraft. Otherwise I would have posted sooner. :)

I hope this amount of detail helps nail down the cause of this particular error message. I'm no expert on how FSX and GSX programming work together, but I see two patterns in all of this:
  • Some data for Gates 101 through 118 in this particular LIMC scenery is wrong or missing. That causes the wrong GSX menu to appear when ANY aircraft is sitting at any of those gates.
  • The programming for the Aerosoft Airbus seems to need the incorrect or missing information to take care of "live" refueling. Without it, the error described by others appears.
I just happened to use the wrong aircraft at the wrong gate of the wrong airport, or I wouldn't have had any problems.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:43:29 am by boilerbill »
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium