Author Topic: Couatl.exe Stops Working Immediatley  (Read 4070 times)

pcubine

Couatl.exe Stops Working Immediatley
« on: December 31, 2016, 04:02:52 pm »
Attached is AppCrashView. When I right clicked on FSX icon and the splash screen appeared I received a message immediately that Couatl.exe had stopped working. This is the only AppCrash from that time period and it is the only error in Event Viewer from that time period. What to do?
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl.exe Stops Working Immediatley
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:19:43 pm »
That message is not telling us anything. Since nobody reported this, I can only guess there's a problem on your system, maybe some file got corrupted.

Download the latest FULL GSX installer now, don't use any other older installer you might have.

If that doesn't fix it, try to clear all your preference (maybe one file *there* is corrupted) by removing the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

Then REINSTALL GSX

pcubine

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 06:13:08 am »
Then REINSTALL GSX
I don't use GSX nor have it installed. I will send you a copy of the Event Viewer report. Umberto, for your information I have received quite a few of these Couatl.exe has stopped working messages but they have always been preceded by a CTD caused any number of things which obviously would cause Couatl.exe to stop working but this is the first time I have seen this as a stand alone error.

EventViewer is attached.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:19:40 pm by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 06:00:38 pm »
I don't use GSX nor have it installed.

Then download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and see if it makes any difference. If it doens't, download and install the latest full installer for every FSDT scenery you have.

In any case, why you have Couatl, but no GSX ? If you have other FSDT sceneries, there's no reason not to download GSX, since it's totally free to use there.

And not just that: if you don't install GSX, you'll lose some features of the scenery, like Docking Systems, because we removed from the scenery installers and moved to GSX, since we assume that everybody using one of our sceneries will surely download GSX, since it's free so, consider it as an external required piece of the scenery.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:04:39 pm by virtuali »

pcubine

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 07:15:06 am »
Then download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and see if it makes any difference. If it doens't, download and install the latest full installer for every FSDT scenery you have.

In any case, why you have Couatl, but no GSX ? If you have other FSDT sceneries, there's no reason not to download GSX, since it's totally free to use there.

I will try your first two suggestions. I have Couatl because I run the Live Updates. I guess I can ignore them in the future. How about deleting the couatl folder in fsdreamteam folder? Can I do that?

I don't have GSX because I only do cargo flights. I understand that something for cargo maybe coming after KSDF. I will try it then.
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:51:38 am »
I will try your first two suggestions. I have Couatl because I run the Live Updates. I guess I can ignore them in the future. How about deleting the couatl folder in fsdreamteam folder? Can I do that?

No FSDT scenery works without it.

I don't have GSX because I only do cargo flights. I understand that something for cargo maybe coming after KSDF. I will try it then.

Yes, but in this case, you are also losing scenery features, like the docking system or the marshallers at the airports. At KIAH and KMEM, you'll also lose the jetways, which are provided by SODE+GSX together.