Author Topic: Unlimited Fuel loading!  (Read 3849 times)

crauds

Unlimited Fuel loading!
« on: December 30, 2016, 12:32:04 pm »
Hi Umberto!

Just configured ConcordeX in FSX and used CPS to preset fuel load.  When requested with truck in position, I toggled my fuel page and selected the CPS preset load and closed the dialogue.  Fuel truck began fueling but continued to send trucks one after the other instead of stopping when fuel load was reached.  In my case, it was NZAA heavy gate parked.  My CPS required was 71431 kg and I started with 13000 kg so my required fill was 58431 kg /128817 lbs / 19227 gal which should have only been 2 10000 gal trucks but it sent a third and then was promising a 4th before I restarted GSX to end the process.  Could this be because it is configured in KG instead of LBS?  Unfortunately CPS only uses KG as did the real Concorde.

I also have had several occasions when COUATL failed to load when I started FSX.  Also on one occasion when I initially configured the Concorde and selected "restart COUATL", it disappeared from the menu and I had to restart FSX to get it back.  Can't find consistent example, however, since it seems to be an unpredictable event.  Most of the time, it has no issues.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: Unlimited Fuel loading!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:27:36 pm »
Restarted FSX and tried the same refuel scenario again.  Same problem.  It continued to fill beyond the requested amount and then stated it would be sending yet another fuel truck!  My computer is set to use pounds as default but ConcordeX uses Kilograms.  Could that be the issue or is it something to do with the way GSX accesses the ConcordeX fuel menu and reads the fuel total?  I have V2 not the latest V3 of ConcordeX but the fuel system should be the same.   
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 06:48:33 pm »
Could that be the issue or is it something to do with the way GSX accesses the ConcordeX fuel menu and reads the fuel total?  I have V2 not the latest V3 of ConcordeX but the fuel system should be the same.   

GSX doesn't access anything which is plane-specific. The only thing GSX ever see, is the standard variables for the fuel tanks. My guess is that, since the Concorde has a very complex and unique tank configuration, it's possible it doesn't use the standard fuel quantity variables so, in that case, it cannot work with the GSX Refueling properly.

That's just a guess, of course but, since we have been in contact with FS Labs for several things, I'll better ask them for confirmation, maybe we could find a custom solution, if this is the case.

crauds

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 11:04:13 pm »
Thanks, Umberto and Happy New Year.  I will await any update from you on the matter.

Craig
Craig Williams

crauds

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 10:10:22 pm »
Further thoughts on ConcordeX.  When I used the "old" system with the small truck, GSX must have been able to access the correct variables because using the timing factor I had set up for fuel load and multiplying it by the required load always came out very close to the time the GSX truck stayed in place before announcing, "refueling completed".  And further, since I am still using the previous version of ConcordeX (before the latest upgrade), won't the new GSX refueling procedure, in my case, still access the same variables it did on the old orginal refuel procedure?  I am using the same CPS program and, yes the loading of the tanks is non-standard but it has not changed in my case.

Craig
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:28:24 pm »
Regardless how which truck you use in GSX, it will ALWAYS use the SAME (standard) fuel variables. There are no cases in which GSX ever tries (or tried) to read any fuel variable other than the standard ones.

crauds

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 09:25:16 pm »
And that is my point!  If ConcordeX worked correctly with the small truck and the old GSX system then it should work with the new system.  The truck size is irrelevant.  It is not correctly determining when the fill is complete under your new system. 
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 11:02:17 am »
And that is my point!  If ConcordeX worked correctly with the small truck and the old GSX system then it should work with the new system.  The truck size is irrelevant.

Not really. The old truck is not just smaller: it doesn't try to detect a custom refueling system starting/ending its process. So, even if they both dealt with standard fuel variables, the new one will do much more with them.

But again, as I've said, we'll try to clarify this with FS Labs.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 05:33:26 pm »
Craig / Umberto,

I experienced this fuel problem a couple of days ago so it was useful to read this thread. I do have the latest version of Concorde for FSX (v1.3) and would like to have the fuel trucks simulate a fuel load even if they don't actually load any fuel as that is handled by CPS and FS Labs software.

Hope you find Lefteris and Andrew amenable to any questions.  :)
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.