Author Topic: Installation problem  (Read 2362 times)

goggi

Installation problem
« on: December 30, 2016, 09:05:26 am »
Hi,
I just downloaded and ran the GSX installer.
At the end it completed a registration step (trial version), but no icon for launching it, no sign of activity whatsoever.
The same happened with the Addon Manager.
I uninstalled, waiting for suggestions. Surely I am doing something dumb, help please.
Thanks,
Giorgio

i7 Processor, 8 GB, GTX 780M 4 GB, Win 10
P3D v3.4, ORBx, PMDG 737NGX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation problem
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »
At the end it completed a registration step (trial version), but no icon for launching it, no sign of activity whatsoever.

You have been probably mislead by the term “Registration”, used by the SODE (SODE it’s a freeware utility provided with GSX), so maybe you thought you need some kind of code.

Instead, with “Registering”, the SODE installer really means “Installing into the sim”, so you simply had to click on the Register button, which will add the SODE lines to the FSX startup XML files, so the program will start automatically with P3D.

After you click the button, close the SODE Platform Manger window normally ( pressing the X ), so the GSX installation will continue.

goggi

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 11:39:19 am »
Thank you so much for the reply and suggestion.
Indeed, as I recall, I clicked that button. Probably, I hastily closed the window incorrectly and the process ddd not complete properly.
Is there a way to backtrack in the installation, or would it be better to completely uninstall and reinstall?

One QUESTION: is the Addon Manager program necessary to the process, and if yes should it be installe before or after GSX?
Thank you again and Happy New Year!
Giorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:40:57 pm »
Is there a way to backtrack in the installation, or would it be better to completely uninstall and reinstall?

You simply run the installer again.

One QUESTION: is the Addon Manager program necessary to the process, and if yes should it be installe before or after GSX

The GSX Full installer, as the name says, comes and installs everything GSX needs to run, including the Addon Manager.

The only reason why you would want to install the Addon Manager separately, is after we send a Live Update notification that tells you to do that or, if you believe it might not be updated, so you want to download a smaller file but, every installer for every product we have here, is complete.