Author Topic: GSX not available from time to time  (Read 3744 times)

WebMaximus

GSX not available from time to time
« on: December 27, 2016, 03:15:43 pm »
Noticed more than once how the GSX menu doesn't pop up when I call for it and when checking the add-on menu i P3D I notice how GSX isn't even available in that menu.

Is this a known issue and is there any way to stop it from happening or fix it without having to restart P3D?

I'm on P3Dv3.2 and the latest version of GSX to my knowledge, not sure where I check the version nr for GSX.
Richard Åsberg

nahetrick

Re: GSX not available from time to time
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:45:47 pm »
I've been getting the same thing. Relaunching the sim a couple of times seems to bring it back. It's happened twice since the last update but never before that. When it happens my "Add-ons" menu is missing all of the Couatl items like it's not launching correctly when the sim loads.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:51:27 pm »
Ok, good to know I'm not the only one.

I've also seen how the refueling keeps saying waiting for other services to complete when when they are already completed so seems to be a couple of bugs to iron out in the latest version.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 01:26:50 am »
When it happens my "Add-ons" menu is missing all of the Couatl items like it's not launching correctly when the sim loads.

When this happens, check if you still have a Couatl.exe running from the previous session. This will prevent a new copy from starting. The most common reasons for having Couatl.exe not closing after exiting from the sim are:

- You re-launched the sim too quickly after it was closed, not allowing enough time to close all the applications it started from the previous session.

- The sim crashed (sometimes even silently, with no visible errors) for other reasons, so it couldn't send the message "please close yourself" to Couatl, which wasn't in turn able to close itself properly. We are keep trying to find new ways to react to a sim crash (not caused by anything related to FSDT), but it's not very easy, because sometimes an abrupt crash leaves the system and open files in a bad state, which would require a Window restart anyway.

In both cases, either Terminate all instances of Couatl.exe with the Task Manager before starting the sim, or restart Windows.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 02:40:53 am »
Thanks for the info, will keep my eyes open for what you say.

Any ideas why the refueling doesn't start after the catering service completed or maybe I should start a separate thread for that issue?
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 02:52:36 am »
Disregard the last question in the post above. Just noticed there are already multiple threads started about this issue.
Richard Åsberg

crauds

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 01:31:28 pm »
I have also experienced this on occasion with FSX SP2.  But it is only a random issue but has occurred even after a reboot of computer and a fresh start of FSX.  No memory or VAS issues at that point.  The log file says BGX busy whatever that means.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 06:45:37 pm »
The log file says BGX busy whatever that means.

You mean bglmanx busy ? That indicates there was a copy of Couatl.exe running from the previous sim session. The most common reasons for having Couatl.exe not closing after exiting from the sim are:

- You re-launched the sim too quickly after it was closed, not allowing enough time to close all the applications it started from the previous session.

- The sim crashed (sometimes even silently, with no visible errors) for other reasons, so it couldn't send the message "please close yourself" to Couatl, which wasn't in turn able to close itself properly. We are keep trying to find new ways to react to a sim crash (not caused by anything related to FSDT), but it's not very easy, because sometimes an abrupt crash leaves the system and open files in a bad state, which would require a Window restart anyway.

In both cases, either Terminate all instances of Couatl.exe with the Task Manager before starting the sim, or restart Windows.