Author Topic: First Time Installing with the FULL installer, nothing works  (Read 4174 times)

AustinH18

First Time Installing with the FULL installer, nothing works
« on: December 24, 2016, 10:51:22 pm »
Hello, I've tried literally everything now. Install, re-install, restart pc, disable firewall and antivirus etc. When I get in the sim, couatl does not appear in the addons and gsx is not activated by pressing ctrl+F12. Can someone PLEASE help me as I'd really want nothing more than for my flights to be more immersive using GSX. Much appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: First Time Installing with the FULL installer, nothing works
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 11:03:19 pm »
First, be sure if you are installing using the latest Full installer (which we released just a few days ago), not from a previous installer you might have downloaded in the past.

Also, you said you are missing the Couatl/GSX menus. Do you have at least the Addon Manager menu ?

If you are missing just Couatl, the most likely issue is the antivirus, so disable the antivirus while installing, and configure it to exclude the whole Flight sim folder from scanning, before starting the sim.

AustinH18

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »
Correct, I'm using the one that was released on the 20th.
Thanks for the fast response btw, and I'm currently installing with those settings mentioned in regards to the antivirus along with the scan parameters set as well.
The install is finishing up now, I'll launch and let you know what happens.
And as far as 'Addon Manager' menu goes, no, it wasn't showing up either.

AustinH18

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 11:24:05 pm »
Ok so after following all of your steps, I still have nothing including the addon manager menu.
Is there a way to TeamView it or any other possible reason why it's not working?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 02:02:39 am »
Ok so after following all of your steps, I still have nothing including the addon manager menu.

You don't say which simulator you use. If it's FSX:SE, it's possible your registry keys are wrong, so the wrong XML files are used, which explains why the modules are not loaded.

AustinH18

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 08:38:14 am »
I'm using FSX:SE, i'm not keen on knowing what the XML files are etc, I just know its not working lol :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 12:07:10 pm »
I'm using FSX:SE, i'm not keen on knowing what the XML files are etc, I just know its not working lol :-[

I was quite sure of that. It's not GSX which is "not working". It's your FSX:SE installation which is not correct, so it's confusing our installer, which properly support FSX:SE in both its two modes of operations: stand-alone and alongside FSX.

See this reply here, which explains how the registry keys are supposed to be when the sim is installed properly:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14166.msg104727.html#msg104727

AustinH18

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 06:14:44 pm »
Im not sure what I did after following the steps, but the installer for FSDT comes up with an error "Internal error: An attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized."
Please say that TeamViewer is an option because at this point I'm starting to say I no longer want to try but I've spent money on it so I at least want SOME sort of action from it within my sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 02:59:11 pm »
Im not sure what I did after following the steps, but the installer for FSDT comes up with an error "Internal error: An attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized."

You made an error editing the registry.

Please say that TeamViewer is an option because at this point I'm starting to say I no longer want to try but I've spent money on it so I at least want SOME sort of action from it within my sim.

Yes, of course. I'll contact you in PM to arrange this, so I can fix the registry errors caused by another product defective installer (which are now worsened by having hand-edited it), and will restore your FSX:SE key as they are support to be, on a proper installation.

AustinH18

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 08:29:25 pm »
Much appreciated!!!