Author Topic: Request more variables  (Read 1841 times)

Guenseli

Request more variables
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:33:21 am »
Hello Umberto,

I hope you've heard about LINDA and its LINDA modules.
I'm one of the develpers there.

With LINDA I can read and control several aspects of addon planes (like PMDG, majestic, A2A etc.) which are not possible by default assignments. And I can also show some data at the VRInsights MCP Combo displays.
LINDA could read XML variables through FSUIPC (what I call LUA variables) like e.g. the GSX "FSDT_GSX_CATERING_STATE"

Now, one possibility I have already implemented is, that when the GSX tanker arrives, the PMDG 777 FMC pops up with it's FUEL page so one could enter then the fuel amount.

What is also easy is to implement that doors open, when the catering truck is ready at the planes door.
(FSDT_GSX_CATERING_STATE=5)

However, what would be nice is to have some additional variables to make a lot more use of these possibilities. What is missing is when the catering ends, before the truck will drive away. In other words, that moment, when GSX asks to close the door.

Or how long baggage loading will take (a counter how many cargo is left?)

And, btw. these variable would also help other addons like FS Captain to get more synchronized with GSX.

The most ideal solution would be if there is a possibility to control GSX also via such variables, not only from the in-game menu.

Would be nice if you would consider to implement such variables and control options one day.
If you have further questions, please ask.

Many thanks and a happy new year,
Günter