Author Topic: New Fuel track positioning  (Read 8319 times)

crauds

Re: New Fuel track positioning
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 02:54:19 am »
Wow!  You never take time off, Umberto.  I didn't expect to get an answer from you until Monday.

Just to clarify, I place gsx.cfg files in  %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\AIRPLANE_NAME only.  I haven't touched any other location.  And my FSX is located C:\FSX and not in program files directory.

Several attempts but all have failed.  When I set the position of refuel point visually using your "editor" and then restart GSX, it should work, right?  Well when the fuel truck comes it positions the worker and the connector about 4m above the wing above where I have saved it.  When I go back into editor, sure enough, it has added 4m to the vertical component and visual editor confirms that 4m above position.  And I thought that the coordinates that show up in aircraft editor would correspond to those in the gsx.cfg file.  Problem is that they do initially, but as soon as I call for fuel, GSX lowers the vertical by 3.54m.  If I restart GSX and again call the fuel truck without any further editing it subtracts another 3.54 from the vertical component displayed in the gsx.cfg file.  When the vertical gets below 0, the large fuel truck no longer deploys but the old "shell" truck and it positions itself in the old default position next to the left wing.  So something definitely is not right.  I will go back to the PMDG 737-800wl again and see if similar is occurring.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 09:53:12 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I tried one more time with the PMDG B744.  The vertical component in the gsx.cfg file still disagrees with the vertical component showing in the aircraft editor for fuel point but I decided to ignore it and see what would happen.  I recopied your gsx.cfg settings again into the virtuali directory and then loaded a new version of the plane.  The aircraft editor showed the vertical component to be 4.27 but the gsx.cfg file had it at 0.73 (your numbers).  I went into the graphic editor and verified that the position appeared correct despite the unexplained discrepancy.  I just left it alone and restarted Coatl and it worked!  I am on a long test flight but when I land I will again verify that the numbers have not changed in either the aircraft editor or the gsx.cfg file.  My error, apparently, was assuming that the numbers had to agree as they seem to in all the other settings.  Am I on the right track here, Umberto?  If so then I will try this out on my other long-haul airliner Level-D B763 by first graphically positioning the fuelpoint using your editor and ignoring any difference with what will show up in the respective .cfg file.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 11:51:08 am »
[quote author=crauds link=topic=14744.msg107968#msg107968 date=1482699192The vertical component in the gsx.cfg file still disagrees with the vertical component showing in the aircraft editor for fuel point but I decided to ignore it and see what would happen.[/quote]

That's was PRECISELY my point!

They are SUPPOSED to "disagree", because the GSX.CFG file store the heights relative to the airplane reference point, while the editor will show the actual height on ground, because that's easier to understand for users!

The aircraft editor showed the vertical component to be 4.27 but the gsx.cfg file had it at 0.73 (your numbers).  I went into the graphic editor and verified that the position appeared correct despite the unexplained discrepancy.

You mean the "explained" discrepancy. I hope you understand it now...

I just left it alone and restarted Coatl and it worked!

Of course it works...

crauds

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 04:50:22 pm »
Thank you for your patience.  I am a bit dense, but I eventually got it!

I did have another question, however.  When I configured the LEVEL D B763 everything worked fine (now that I understand) but I had requested 70,000 lbs in the Custom selection by puttin 35000 in each of the wing tanks.  I had originally had a little over 3000 lbs totally so one tanker should have been able to meet requirements at 6.7 lbs/gal but the tanker only fueled to 68,800 lbs!  Would this be due to some roundoff error or conversion from binary?  Or is it because I used the "custom" instead of selecting a percentage?
Craig Williams