Author Topic: Stuck at "Refueling service requested" after Catering is completed  (Read 9251 times)

maniamcool

Hi,

Having troubles with the new refueling system. After catering has been completed, I requested for the refuel truck but nothing happens. The truck doesn't come and the menu just stucks at "Refueling service requested"

I've tried requesting for refueling first before doing anything else and it works. This is not ideal however.

Any advice? Using pmdg 777 FSX non-SE here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stuck at "Refueling service requested" after Catering is completed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:10:49 pm »
Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14738.0.html

If you start from catering and then you put refueling in the queue, try to wait for the catering truck to be visible, before calling refueling. As I've said in the other thread, queuing of services is supposed to work, but knowing if this is the case would help identify the problem.

maniamcool

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:48:08 pm »
Well normally before the update I would just fire up the menu and hit 2 and 3 together to activate both catering and refueling. I'll then leave it to work while I settle other pre-flight matters.

I just tried activating refueling only after the catering trucks left and it worked. Seems like I have to queue the services myself unlike the previous versions.

Quick question though, is it normal for the cargo loaders to back away during refueling?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:51:12 pm by maniamcool »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 01:40:15 am »
I just tried activating refueling only after the catering trucks left and it worked. Seems like I have to queue the services myself unlike the previous versions.

Yes, something has changed because, so many users asked for some limitations we had in previous versions (like not being able to refuel after boarding), so we listened and remove them, which might have caused issues with the queuing of services, issues that you couldn't see before, since the whole service wasn't always available, so the sequence was more rigid.

Quick question though, is it normal for the cargo loaders to back away during refueling?

Yes, in order to reduce the risk of loaders getting hit by the fuel truck, if the refueling point is on the right, loaders will back away, otherwise passenger stairs will do the same, if the refueling point is on the left.

shadyowl

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 02:01:02 am »
I was having sort of the same problem.  If you Load the fuel first, then you can queue the others.  Here are my findings    http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14738.0.html  Something is definitely a muck since the update.

Well normally before the update I would just fire up the menu and hit 2 and 3 together to activate both catering and refueling. I'll then leave it to work while I settle other pre-flight matters.

maniamcool

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 01:25:15 pm »
The latest bugfix has solved the problem, I'm able to queue both services together and it runs flawlessly.

EDIT: Queuing both catering and refueling works properly now. However, requesting for boarding AFTER refueling now stucks at "passengers board, baggage loading in progress". The loaders move to the cargo doors but nothing happens after that.

Scenery: imaginesim wsss gate 45
Aircraft: PMDG 777-300ER
Amount of fuel loaded: 123000 Kg
Multiple trips: Yes

let me know if you require more information... Not sure why this is broken now :(
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:34:42 pm by maniamcool »

maniamcool

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 02:03:47 pm »
Update:

I have now got it working again by queuing every service myself as I've done before the bugfix. Requested for catering and waited for the trucks to leave before I requested for refueling. Thereafter the refueling trucks leave, I request for boarding and its all good.

Not sure why boarding doesn't work when I queue catering and refueling together. Do note that I only queue those 2 services together. Boarding was requested only after refueling has completed and it doesn't work when the earlier services are queued together.

maniamcool

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 12:32:23 am »
Any updates? Just tried another flight out of OMDB and boarding was stuck after refueling. At this point I would rather have the previous refueling system back since this update is full of bugs.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:41:23 am by maniamcool »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 11:40:40 am »
Any updates? Just tried another flight out of OMDB and boarding was stuck after refueling. At this point I would rather have the previous refueling system back since this update is full of bugs.

The update works, and it's not "full of bugs", just follow the procedure that works. As we said already in another thread, we'll look into it but, of course, you cannot expect a problem reported a day before Christmas would be fixed as fast AS USUAL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 05:56:30 pm »
EDIT: Queuing both catering and refueling works properly now. However, requesting for boarding AFTER refueling now stucks at "passengers board, baggage loading in progress". The loaders move to the cargo doors but nothing happens after that.

I'm sorry, but I've just tried the same situation ( with the only difference I used the default WSSS airport ), and I cannot reproduce the problem. Selecting Catering, Refueling and then Boarding, works normally.

- Have you started from Catering (I did), or you made Deboarding first ?

- Have you queued ALL 3 Services, or you waited for Refueling to end before Boarding ? I only queued the first 2, and then selected Boarding after.

Again, it's SUPPOSED to work in all cases, we just need to find where the problem is.

Schlotterknie

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 06:03:45 pm »
I can confirm that the update does not work.
Just installed that liveupdate yesterday, entered P3Dv3 and GSX crashed completely right after requesting refueling. I even had to de- and reinstall GSX to get it up and running again  :-\

Apart from that I have exactly the same issues several other custumers reported regarding stuck GSX after the catering services when refueling has already been requested.
If I queue all services in one turn and don´t wait with my refueling request until the catering is finished and the catering vehicles disappeared somewhere on the taxiway, GSX will hang up its services. So far with every airport and all aircraft (PMDG737/777, Aerosoft Airbus) I´ve tested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 06:27:36 pm »
I can confirm that the update does not work.

As I've said in my previous post, I can only repeat and confirm, that the sequence of operation indicated by the other posted, worked fine here so, if you think it doesn't work, please describe precisely your sequence of operations.

Just installed that liveupdate yesterday, entered P3Dv3 and GSX crashed completely right after requesting refueling. I even had to de- and reinstall GSX to get it up and running again 

It's not possible that installing "just" the Live Update could cause crash. And it's not even possible that reinstalling GSX would fix it. Unless, you were updating from an old version, you forgot to install the latest full installer, so you did it now, which explains why it "fixed" it, since you were supposed to install the latest full installer already, and Live Updating now, without first installing a full installer that was released on Dec 20th, will surely cause issues, since the Dec. 20th update was required.

Apart from that I have exactly the same issues several other custumers reported regarding stuck GSX after the catering services when refueling has already been requested.

Since it doesn't happen here, please indicate your precise, exact, sequence.

If I queue all services in one turn and don´t wait with my refueling request until the catering is finished and the catering vehicles disappeared somewhere on the taxiway, GSX will hang up its services. So far with every airport and all aircraft (PMDG737/777, Aerosoft Airbus) I´ve tested.

Please clarify. It's not very clear if with "all services", you mean:

- ALL services, meaning you queue Deboarding, Catering, Refueling, Boarding and Pushback all at once

OR

- Some services. And in this case, indicate which ones you queued, and which you haven't.

Please, try to be as precise as possible. The precise, exact, sequence of the operations, and whether you are using the airplane Progressive refuel method or not and, in case of "not", whether GSX is set to Always Refuel Progressively, or not.

maniamcool

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 07:14:20 pm »

I'm sorry, but I've just tried the same situation ( with the only difference I used the default WSSS airport ), and I cannot reproduce the problem. Selecting Catering, Refueling and then Boarding, works normally.

- Have you started from Catering (I did), or you made Deboarding first ?

- Have you queued ALL 3 Services, or you waited for Refueling to end before Boarding ? I only queued the first 2, and then selected Boarding after.

Again, it's SUPPOSED to work in all cases, we just need to find where the problem is.

It's working for me in SOME cases as of now.

How it works for me:

1. Start with Catering (As I always do, I don't start my flights with deboarding.)

2. Wait for Catering to finish (Wait for the vehicles to drive away from the aircraft)

3. Start Refueling

4. Wait for Refueling to finish (This means waiting for all the fuel to be loaded on. I have multiple trips on. I'll only continue activating other services AFTER the refueling trucks are gone. There are exceptions though*.)

5. Start Boarding* (This is where the bug comes in)

*As of now, I do not queue services. Meaning to say I will only start a service after the previous one has completed and vehicles gone. This works for me 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time for some reason the boarding sequence gets stuck. In dubai, I did my pre-flight sequence in this manner and the bug still happened.

Airport: Flytampa Dubai
Aircraft: PMDG 777-300ER (Using instant fuel on the PMDG, multiple trips on)
Gate: D10
Fuel loaded: 42000kg

Another situation would be when I start queuing boarding BEFORE the refueling trucks have disappeared. Now this would cause the boarding sequence to get stuck 9/10 times. My previous posts about my experience at WSSS happened due to this.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:20:29 pm by maniamcool »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 09:44:52 pm »
So, to sum up, you say that:

If you don't queue anything, it works 9 times out of 10, while if you queue (what, everything ? just refueling+catering ? ), it doesn't work 9 times out of 10 ?

maniamcool

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 10:39:43 pm »
So, to sum up, you say that:

If you don't queue anything, it works 9 times out of 10, while if you queue (what, everything ? just refueling+catering ? ), it doesn't work 9 times out of 10 ?

That's right, which makes it hard to pin-point the exact cause on my end  ???