Author Topic: GSX MANUAL  (Read 7383 times)

SCARTER

GSX MANUAL
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:03:51 pm »
I just downloaded the new and improved GSX. Can any one tell me where to find the manual for this software.  I have looked all over in my computer, but can't find it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX MANUAL
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:16 pm »
The manual can be accessed in 3 different ways:

1) From the Addon Manager menu inside FSX, selecting GSX and pressing the “Open Manual” button

OR

2) From the Windows Start button, under the FSDreamteam program group, there’s a link to the manual

OR

3) By browsing your FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\GSX folder, the PDF manual is there.

WheelerEGKK

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 09:47:38 pm »
Hi,

I located the manual but it states v1.9.5. Is this correct?

regards

Kelvin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:49:50 pm »
I located the manual but it states v1.9.5. Is this correct?

Yes, we still haven't updated it with the new features. We didn't want to delay KMEM, because the GSX manual and they *had* to be released together.

However, if you want to read about some of the new features, like SODE integration, you can read them in the KMEM manual too (KMEM is also free to download, of course).

WheelerEGKK

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:52:26 pm »
Many thanks Umberto. Just wanted to check.

Great support even @ 20.55 UK time.

regards

Kelvin

cuevision

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 10:12:05 am »
Hi there

I understood the manual is not yet updated, but the latest version of GSX has a lot more features. And I do not know how to set them up. One of this features are the engines. On my 737 I have only enigine 1 and 2. Here I can configure 1,2,3 and 4. And if I look at this positions, their positions are messed up and I do not understand how I have to set them up.

So is there a way to have a manual or advise how to set these new features plase?

Thanks and regards,
Ed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:17:26 am by cuevision »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 12:28:51 pm »
I understood the manual is not yet updated, but the latest version of GSX has a lot more features. And I do not know how to set them up. One of this features are the engines ?

The manual hasn't been updated because, as the release notes said about these new features of the editor, they are not used right now so, there's no need for you to spend any time configuring them, since it will not make any difference to GSX right now.

The engine positions will be used to position the traffic cones, which now only go to the wingtips so, if you really want to configure the airplane anyway, so you'll be "ready" when we'll release an update that will display the full set of traffic cones, just ignore the image in the diagram and use the normal standards of 1 and 2 being the left/right engines on a 2 engine plane, and 1, 2, 3, 4 being the left/center-left/center-right/right engine on a 4 engine plane.

The image will be updated in the update to display different airplane silhouettes depending on the number of engines, so the final version will be less confusing.

cuevision

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 06:39:01 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for your fast reply. Reading your post, I understand how and why. In the meanwhile set it up correctly and now knowing.

Thanks and regards,
Ed

luko

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 11:38:43 am »
Hello,

I think that the part of new manual is unfinished:

"If the setting is Enabled, the speed will be the realistic one, calculated from the actual performances of the fuel truck pump, possibly using Multiple trucks (if the “Multiple Trips” option is enabled ), and alsocontrolled by the"

"A 3rd party airplane without a Progressive Refueling simulation, the PMDG 737" section, page 17.

Lucas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 01:24:16 pm »
the missing words are: "Fuel Time acceleration in the GSX Settings -> Timings page"

luko

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 02:25:48 pm »
Thanks!