Author Topic: GSX Full Installer  (Read 3734 times)

Brent Beale

GSX Full Installer
« on: December 21, 2016, 04:23:10 pm »
So I've been notified that I should download the full installer....can I simply install over an existing version (product version 1.9.9.5) or should I uninstall and then reinstall?

I've looked everywhere but can't find this important information.

Regards
Brent
i7-7700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Asus GeForce GTX 970, 32Gb, TM Warthog HOTAS, W10 64bit, DX10 FSX with Accel

pasterke

Brent Beale

Re: GSX Full Installer
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 05:58:23 pm »
Thanks for responding but its not very helpful and is the reason for my post....I've read that carefully more than once and there is no mention of whether an uninstall is advised.  Just looking for some clarification.
i7-7700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, Asus GeForce GTX 970, 32Gb, TM Warthog HOTAS, W10 64bit, DX10 FSX with Accel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 06:17:53 pm »
I've read that carefully more than once and there is no mention of whether an uninstall is advised.

What, exactly, is not clear about this ?

Since we haven't added anything extra the "how to get it" instructions, you can safely assume there's nothing else to do other than installing the latest Full GSX installer.

I'll repeat it again: the very fact that "there is no mention of whether an uninstall is advised", should be an indication that's not required. Not that it wouldn't make any difference if you do it anyway. It simply doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:20:51 pm by virtuali »

Brent Beale

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 03:57:31 pm »

Since we haven't added anything extra the "how to get it" instructions, you can safely assume there's nothing else to do other than installing the latest Full GSX installer.

I'll repeat it again: the very fact that "there is no mention of whether an uninstall is advised", should be an indication that's not required. Not that it wouldn't make any difference if you do it anyway. It simply doesn't matter.

I simply don't like to assume particularly when not knowing...sheesh, all I did was ask for clarification.  Not a very friendly attitude for support.   Merry Christmas