Author Topic: Imaginesim KLGA extra jetways  (Read 1353 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Imaginesim KLGA extra jetways
« on: April 13, 2022, 01:14:31 am »
I can't figure out why I have these extra gates at KLGA.  I used GSX to create an exclude file in case they were from the default scenery.  I checked the C:\Users\Jerrymc3\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX folder and there was an extra klga.ini from the Drzewiecki New York Airports scenery so I deleted it and the scenery and then restarted P3Dv4.5 but the extra jetways are still there.

MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Imaginesim KLGA extra jetways
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 10:23:50 am »
I can't see your picture but, the most common case for jetways you don't know where they come from, is sceneries that comes with their own SODE XML file, and these cannot be excluded by GSX automatically, they only way to remove them is to remove the SODE XML file from ProgramData\12bpilot\XML.

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 08:39:19 pm »
I removed the SODE XML file from ProgramData\12bpilot\XML.  Now there are large red Xs where the jetways used to be.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 11:14:11 pm by virtuali »
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 11:19:15 pm »
I removed the SODE XML file from ProgramData\12bpilot\XML.  Now there are large red Xs where the jetways used to be.

First, I edited your post, because you posted images that weren't accessible.

Are you sure you removed the SODE XML files ? If you see red X, it means you removed the SODE Simobjects, and left the XML in place because, the red X is an indication from SODE that a SODE XML file is calling an objects, but it couldn't be found in the sim for any reason, which can be either the object itself missing, or the scenery not configured correctly, as if it was disabled.

Nothing to do with GSX, the red X are the indication of something that is happening entirely within the scenery own install and its SODE configuration. GSX doesn't use the SODE XML file, and it's not affected by it, and if you have an issue with GSX jetways, you won't see the Red X, because they are appear only if SODE itself is creating ( more precisely, failed to create ) jetways or other objects, but GSX jetways are created by GSX and animated by SODE so, no red X if you have any kind of problem related to GSX.