Author Topic: GSX not working with New Update  (Read 4780 times)

yaboykai

GSX not working with New Update
« on: December 20, 2016, 11:45:37 pm »
I updated GSX today and I started up P3D and when I clicked on the you control under the GSX addons nothing pops up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working with New Update
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 12:32:24 am »
If you have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu, it means GSX is working correctly, and the problem is your P3D installation, which is missing the "Content", as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14230.msg105050.html#msg105050

yaboykai

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:02:22 am »
Thank You for the fast response!
I did just upgrade my P3D so i think this is what will make it work.
Just to be 100% I should re-install the content of P3D?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 10:42:04 am »
I did just upgrade my P3D so i think this is what will make it work.

That's precisely the issue. If you upgraded P3D with the Client, but still have the outdated content, no menus (for ANY 3rd party application) will work.

Just to be 100% I should re-install the content of P3D?

You should:

- Uninstall the existing P3D Content

- Download and install the latest P3D Content

warlord13f

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 08:56:51 pm »
I have FSX (not the steam version), I installed the new update to GSX, I loaded up my FSX and acknowledge all the messages. I clicked on the Add-on tab but GSX is not showing up. I went to my Addon manager and shows my GSX active. My KIAH and KORD airports are not loading up at all. I click restart Couatl and nothing happens. Please help. V/R Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 10:36:34 pm »
I have FSX (not the steam version), I installed the new update to GSX, I loaded up my FSX and acknowledge all the messages. I clicked on the Add-on tab but GSX is not showing up. I went to my Addon manager and shows my GSX active. My KIAH and KORD airports are not loading up at all. I click restart Couatl and nothing happens. Please help. V/R Chris

From your report, it seems you have the Couatl menu (otherwise you couldn't restart it), but you are missing the GSX menu. This seems to indicate that, instead of updating using the FULL GSX installer, as indicated on the announcement and on the release notes, you updated only with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which not enough, and it's not what we instructed to do.

The only way to install this update, is to download and install the current GSX FULL installer.

warlord13f

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 10:44:36 pm »
I uninstalled everything, I am reinstalling the airports and the GSX (Full Installer).

warlord13f

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 02:04:53 am »
So far everything was installed correctly, now GSX is stuck at 97% Regenerating Airport Cache. It has been like that for 30mins. Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 09:12:49 am »
So far everything was installed correctly, now GSX is stuck at 97% Regenerating Airport Cache. It has been like that for 30mins. Any suggestions

The cache regeneration never takes more than 1 minute. Your problem might be the antivirus, which is trying to check *every* file access made by any application so, if you have a very high number of .BGL files, it might take too long.

Try to exclude the whole FSX folder from the antivirus scanning, then restart the sim.

yaboykai

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 10:54:55 pm »
Just wanted to update... Updating my P3D content fixed my problem thanks to virtuali :D