Author Topic: Vehicles do not clear away  (Read 2811 times)

JohnMcP

Vehicles do not clear away
« on: December 15, 2016, 06:08:07 pm »
I'm still new to GSX so I may be missing something obvious:

At smaller airports with apron parking you often follow an arc onto the apron, deboard, board, startup then continue following the arc forwards to the taxiway to depart.  i.e you don't park 'nose-in', but part-way through a turn back towards the taxiway.

This means you don't need pushback. But I find I'm surrounded by GSX ground service vehicles!  Is there a way to clear them so I can move off forwards?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicles do not clear away
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:09:58 pm »
You can customize the starting position of every vehicle for each parking, with the customize parking position option.

JohnMcP

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 09:50:32 pm »
You can customize the starting position of every vehicle for each parking, with the customize parking position option.

Thanks Umberto,

That's what I've just tried (good guide in the manual), at EDNY where I first spotted the issue. It works well... I suppose I just have to fix them as I find them. 

From the manual I didn't really understand parking radius...would increasing those figures have a similar (but less vehicle-specific) effect?  What I mean is, if I'd simply 'expanded the circle' at EDNY I think I'd have ended up with a baggage conveyor on a taxiway!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:09:15 am »
From the manual I didn't really understand parking radius...would increasing those figures have a similar (but less vehicle-specific) effect?  What I mean is, if I'd simply 'expanded the circle' at EDNY I think I'd have ended up with a baggage conveyor on a taxiway!

The parking radius it's just a way to make a quick adjustment that will move all vehicles together, but if you want more control, it's best to move the vehicles individually with the editor.