Author Topic: Access Denied  (Read 2319 times)

N55211

Access Denied
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:10:29 am »
Hello,

I'm wondering what folder that the 'uninstall information' is saved to.  The reason I ask is that I am getting an 'Access Denied' when GSX install gets to the end and says 'Saving uninstall information'.    I have searched all 'access denied' posts on this forum and others and have tried many suggestions such as turning off the anti-virus, ensuring the flightsim (P3D) is not running, etc.   It is also not the installer as I had GSX installed on this same computer before.

The problem is with my folder permissions.  They have gotten messed up somehow and when the GSX tries to save the uninstall info it is not getting access to that folder but I don't know what folder that is.   I have some FSDT sceneries install ok, and some not (which is what got me messing around with permissions in the first place).  So, anyway, I know the issue is on my side, I just need to know what folder to reset the permissions for the uninstall info.

Any help will be appreciated.   (sorry if I missed this in the other 'access denied' posts)

Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Access Denied
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 08:59:21 am »
Nobody ever reported at the stage of "Saving uninstall information' which, of course, is something the installer program does entirely automatically, it's standard library code that we haven't have any control over it. It's also quite strange that you see a difference between GSX and other installers, since they are basically the same, especially on *that* stage of the install process.

From the message, it's possible the permission problem might not necessarily be over a folder but, possibly, in the registry, since the uninstall keys are written in the registry.

Try to create a new user account, and install from there.