Author Topic: Refueling - FSL A320  (Read 5537 times)

Machtwo

• Beta tester
Refueling - FSL A320
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:08:53 pm »
Ciao Umberto,

Thank you for the new updated for GSX - we were anxious to try it at FSL!

I understand the new beta version monitors the default fuel tanks to check if any refueling is taking place. Can I suggest this functionality is restricted to on the ground with all engines off? On the FSL A320-X, we are constantly adding/subtracting fuel to simulate various characteristics of the aircraft fuel system - and this can sometimes inadvertently trigger a refuel request through GSX when flying. I think a restriction to ground/engines off only would solve this?

Also - did you have any more thoughts on allowing us to read when GSX requests a door on the aircraft to be open/closed, so that we could action these requests automatically inside our aircraft?

Regards,

Andrew
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:10:36 pm by Machtwo »
Andrew Wilson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling - FSL A320
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 09:35:39 am »
Can I suggest this functionality is restricted to on the ground with all engines off?

That's exactly how it is now. Generally speaking, everything in GSX requires to be on ground with engines off, with the only exception of allowing to start engines while pushing, but at that time you are already leaving the parking spot. When you are parked, you cannot call any service if engines are running and parking brakes (or wheel chocks) are not set.

In addition to that general rule, we don't even constantly check for refueling.

The only time we start monitoring changes in the fuel levels, is after the user has called the GSX Fuel service, and after the fuel hose is attached, and the "please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" (on a plane configured as a custom fuel system) will appear. Everything happening to the fuel before that, we just don't care.

Also - did you have any more thoughts on allowing us to read when GSX requests a door on the aircraft to be open/closed, so that we could action these requests automatically inside our aircraft?

I'll think about it, we already have some published variables to let 3rd party apps knowing the GSX service status, we might add the waiting status too.

Machtwo

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:25:29 am »
Thanks Umberto,

Interesting - with the new beta, I've flown two flights and on both during the approach (both times around FL90), GSX has displayed the message "Refueling Service Requested...". I had presumed it was our aircraft causing that?
Andrew Wilson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 10:35:34 am »
Interesting - with the new beta, I've flown two flights and on both during the approach (both times around FL90), GSX has displayed the message "Refueling Service Requested...". I had presumed it was our aircraft causing that?

Then you don't have the very latest Beta, because it was a bug which should have been fixed now.

In any case, it wasn't a request coming when you are flying: it was a request made when you were on ground, which arrived very late because of a sub-task not being terminated properly.

Machtwo

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 11:34:48 am »
Ah great to here - I'll update now, thank you.

I'll think about it, we already have some published variables to let 3rd party apps knowing the GSX service status, we might add the waiting status too.

The waiting status + which door would be ideal, then we can open/close them through the code.

Thanks again.
Andrew Wilson

Machtwo

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 08:47:58 pm »
Interesting - with the new beta, I've flown two flights and on both during the approach (both times around FL90), GSX has displayed the message "Refueling Service Requested...".

We're still getting this issue in descent with the latest GSX build when using the A320.
Andrew Wilson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 05:31:13 pm »
We're still getting this issue in descent with the latest GSX build when using the A320.

You mean you ONLY see this when you use that airplane ?

Machtwo

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 12:48:19 pm »
Yes, only with the FSL A320 it would seem. I suspect it's the fuel transfer that occurs during descent that could be conflicting with GSX.

You had said it was impossible to request fuel when in the air? I'm puzzled, then, as to why our testers are still seeing this status printed.
Andrew Wilson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »
You had said it was impossible to request fuel when in the air? I'm puzzled, then, as to why our testers are still seeing this status printed.

Yes, it's impossible. When the problem was initially reported, it wasn't because GSX requested fuel in the air, but because a PREVIOUS request made on ground, was delayed so much, that it appeared when the flight already started.

However, this should be now fixed.

And, in any case, GSX will never assume you made a fuel request "just" because the airplane changed the fuel quantity for any reason. In order to see a "Refueling Service Requested..." message, the GSX Refueling menu option must be selected at least once.

Machtwo

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:07 pm »
Is there something our testers can do to assist in tracing this issue?
Andrew Wilson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 07:45:22 pm »
Just be sure they all use the current GSX, installed using the full installer, because this problem should have been fixed during the Beta.