Author Topic: GSX reading stock AFCAD  (Read 5190 times)

350wale

GSX reading stock AFCAD
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:50 pm »
Hi Umberto, I have a freeware scenery addon for KICT which load properly in the sim, however GSX reads the AFCAD of the stock KICT airport. I've tried restarting couatl and rebuilding the airport cache several times but it hasn't worked. How do I make GSX read the addon scenery?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX reading stock AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 01:43:58 pm »
Enabling logging and checking the Log file after your restart and rebuild the cache, will give you an idea why a particular AFCAD has been rejected.

350wale

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 11:44:59 pm »
Just checked, it says "KICT.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport". Is this an issue with the AFCAD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 12:02:04 am »
Just checked, it says "KICT.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport". Is this an issue with the AFCAD?

I was quite sure this was the issue. It's due to optimizations we have to speedup the cache regeneration time, in order to not unnecessarily check .BGL files which are not likely to contains airports (they are "usually" small), by default GSX won't consider files larger than 2MB.

Of course, this default can be changed, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14187.0.html

350wale

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 12:05:53 am »
Thanks Umberto! The fixed worked. Wonder why I didn't simply just search for it before posting. Thanks for the help.