Author Topic: Incorrect Airport in Pilot Record after Updating GSX  (Read 2133 times)

kalam_oxide

Incorrect Airport in Pilot Record after Updating GSX
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:34:05 am »
Pan-pan Pan-pan Pan-pan

It seems like the topic isn't associated with GSX but it did.

I usually take off from Hong Kong VHHH and the "Pilot Record" in P3D correctly recorded the take off and landing airport in the logbook.bin
However, after the GSX beta update and the Addon Manager Update, P3D always marked Shenzhen ZGSZ as my take off airport even I was took off Hong Kong and Shenzhen is not even fly near or fly above.
I pretty sure this error is introduced by FSDT because I was able to get the correct logging if I disabled Addon Manager (but of course I can't use GSX and so on) without other settings changed.

TEST 1:
PMDG777 + Addon Scenery + GSX + Addon Manager + VHHH Take Off = ZGSZ in logbook

TEST 2:
PMDG 777 + Default Scenery (No Mesh, No Airport, No Vector) + GSX + Addon Manager + VHHH Take Off = ZGSZ in logbook

TEST 3:
PMDG 777 + Default Scenery + Disable Addon Manager + VHHH Take Off = VHHH in logbbok

TEST 4:
PMDG 777 + Addon Scenery + Disable Addon Manager + VHHH Take Off = VHHH in logbook

The addon used:
PMDG 777
Active Sky 2016 + ASCA
FSDT GSX
Taxi2Gate VHHH
SceneryOnDemand Hong Kong Scenery
ORBX Global series

It works fine before.
But because of the beta GSX always can't leave trial mode even I have the "Product Active" status in Addon Manager, I download the new version of Addon Manager from the FSDT website. The topic problem raise.

Please advise. Thanks :)

kalam_oxide

Re: Incorrect Airport in Pilot Record after Updating GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 04:36:32 am »
Remarks:
The version that works fine (not interrupting with the P3D logging) was GSX 1.9.9.5 and the Addon Manager that comes with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Incorrect Airport in Pilot Record after Updating GSX
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 01:38:35 pm »
I'm sorry, but there's nothing in the Addon Mangager code that interacts in any way with the logbook. I tried it, enabling just the Addon Manager, and the problem doesn't happen.

However, I tried with both GSX and the Addon Manager enabled, and yes, I can reproduce it, and it seems to happen ONLY when starting from VHHH.

This might be related to the fact that, in order to allow to pre-select an airport while in flight, we must ask the sim the list of the airports in the area. We only ask the sim of course, we don't try to touch any files and surely not the logbook file.

So, it seems that you simply discovered a P3D bug that, if an application ask for a list of the closest airports, it might confuse the logbook, no idea why it seems to happens only there, but we might ask LM to look into it.