Author Topic: Dialogue with GSX  (Read 3133 times)

737Project

Dialogue with GSX
« on: December 06, 2016, 03:19:37 pm »
Hello everyone,

For more than 10 years, we have realized a cockpit of Boeing 737 NG: http://737project.com.

We were under FS2004 then we are now under P3D.

We would like to use your application GSX for managing the environment, but can you tell me whether it is possible to communicate with your application either by network (UDP) or by the database (OFFSET)?

For example, we would like to know if the aircraft doors are open or closed, if the auxiliary power supply is plugged in and can ask for pouch back...

Do you know if it is possible and with what method?

Thank you for your answers and forgive me for my English.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dialogue with GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:26:46 pm »
For example, we would like to know if the aircraft doors are open or closed, if the auxiliary power supply is plugged in and can ask for pouch back...

GSX doesn't know if a door is open or closed, it asks to the sim, so you can just do the same.

737Project

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:39:43 pm »
Ok thank you Virtuali

But I do not understand when you say "GSX does not know if a door is open or closed" because when GSX simulates for example Boarding / Deboarding passengers and luggage I think GSX open a door?

Maybe GSX changes to offset (3367) but I do not know. I would like to light the door light on my overhead.

We use AES with FS2004 but we are a lot of problem with.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:43:40 pm »
But I do not understand when you say "GSX does not know if a door is open or closed" because when GSX simulates for example Boarding / Deboarding passengers and luggage I think GSX open a door?

No, GSX doesn't open anything. It only checks if a door is open, but it's you that must open it.

Maybe GSX changes to offset (3367) but I do not know. I would like to light the door light on my overhead.

GSX doesn't use FSUIPC and doesn't change anything. It just reads standard variables. That's why I said, you should just do the same.

737Project

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 09:16:00 am »
OK, I understood at the first time.

In the FS9 version, we had another environmental simulator (AES). When the plane arrived at the door, the simulator advanced all escalators and open the doors for passengers and cargo. This opening information was available by connection with the application and allowed me to display the door opening lights.

With GSX, it is necessary that the person in the simulator (the captain) opens the doors.

Thank you for this information and for the time spent.

Cordially.