Author Topic: Dialogue Box position  (Read 2365 times)

chumley

Dialogue Box position
« on: December 08, 2016, 12:21:57 pm »
I am using GSX with P3D spanned across three monitors with Nvidia Surround.

When I select the GSX dialogue box - Ctrl+F12 - the box spans across a third of the left and right monitors and across the centre monitor.

Is there a setting that can be altered to enable me to select the size and position of the dialogue box?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dialogue Box position
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 12:30:29 pm »
If you mean the GSX in-game menu that you call with CTRL+Shift+F12, that's NOT a "GSX menu", it's the standard Simconnect menu that is being shared by all 3rd party applications that have a menu like that.

We don't have any control over its placement: it's done entirely by the sim. You can undock the window and move it, but I don't have any idea if or how the setting is saved, and how multiple monitors are handled, and we cannot control this, since it's an internal feature of the sim.

Of course, every 3rd party application with such menu, will look exactly the same.

chumley

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:57:17 pm »
I did mean the Simconnect Menu.

Your comment put me on the right track and I posted a request on the LM site with an answer forthcoming that helped with my issue.

If anyone else wants to know how to do this the thread is at http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=122873

Thanks

jabloomf1230

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 02:38:59 pm »
missionpanels.cfg has the same format as the standard panels.cfg file and one can even add new popup window entries to P3d containing XML/GAU files with code to control the popup window.