Author Topic: From time to time pushback doesn't work  (Read 13281 times)

docam28

Re: From time to time pushback doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 09:31:02 pm »
Hi all,

Having often the pushback issue, from Prepar3D v4 (Academic, lastest version 4.0.28), airport is Düsseldorf EDDL (JustSim), stand C02, airliner is PMDG 777-300ER (lastest version) Air France SkyTeam livery.

Having "Departure clearance requested" message, then a menu for provider/company choice for pushback (eg Lufthansa), selecting default, but no towing vehicule comes in front of airplane for pushback.

Also I've seen the PMDG 777 aren't is "List of supported airplanes in GSX", here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5481.0.html - but February 2012... assuming it's not really recent!

Sometimes the pushback works fine, but it's rare, too rare, unfortunately. Other ground services such boarding, catering or follow me vehicle is working fine in general. Same for jetway (stand C02) for left entry 2 (since lastest EDDL update from JustSim together with SODE v1.5.3 designed for x64).

Doing a "Couatl reset" doesn't solve this issue, however. Also at destination airport (any addon or stock) often the deboarding (cargo) works, but the vehicles stay (don't quit away airplane).

Assuming they're many bugs, but understanding is complicated for development.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:59:04 pm by docam28 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 01:02:37 pm »
As I've said in my last post, it's a bit difficult to investigate this without some kind of reproduction steps. Try to notice if it's related to the kind and the order of other services requested before the pushback.

CXA001

• Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline®
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 12:52:28 pm »
As I've said in my last post, it's a bit difficult to investigate this without some kind of reproduction steps. Try to notice if it's related to the kind and the order of other services requested before the pushback.
Perhaps this will help:

Fast forward to 17:00.

Regards,

VATSIM: P2|I1|SUP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 01:14:50 pm »
Perhaps this will help:

Not really because, you reset the position, but then used another method to pushback. It would have been helpful to know if the pushback worked after a reset, or it's something specific to that airport.

Is the pushback preference set in the scenery AFACD ?

CXA001

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 01:23:36 pm »
Not really because, you reset the position, but then used another method to pushback. It would have been helpful to know if the pushback worked after a reset, or it's something specific to that airport.

Is the pushback preference set in the scenery AFACD ?

At 17:53, you will see I tried to activate pushback and nothing happened. I did not do it in the video, but a reset makes no difference.

Pushback preferences are set in the scenery AFCAD.

I don't think it is specific to a given airport as this seems to happen with all airports including FSDreamTeam Vancouver CYVR.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »
At 17:53, you will see I tried to activate pushback and nothing happened. I did not do it in the video, but a reset makes no difference.

But the issue is, your video doesn't show that "reset makes no difference" because, after you reset, you never called the GSX menu again to re-ask for pushback. You started another kind of pushback instead.

Maybe you expected that resetting would continue from the last command ? That's not what reset does. It restarts the whole program so, it doesn't remember what you were doing it in the previous session and it doesn't continue from there.

You should have opened the GSX menu again, after resetting, and asked for pushback again.

CXA001

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 01:39:25 pm »
I did not do it in this particular video, as I have tried that in other flights and pushback still did not work.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 01:42:13 pm »
n other flights and pushback still did not work

Not even after a reset ? If yes, please clearly indicate:

- the scenery used

- the parking used

- the airplane used

In a case that does't work even after a reset

CXA001

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 01:46:28 pm »
Ok, when able, I will set up a flight and record it and post a link in this thread following the steps indicated.

CXA001

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2017, 06:31:47 pm »
Did another flight and here are the details. Please note that regardless of airport or aircraft, this occurs on most of my flights.

Details:
Aircraft: Carenado B1900D
Airport: Kingston CYGK, Orbx NA freeware pack
Gate: 2
Video link:

Pushback Failure: 4 minutes 40 seconds
Restart Couatl: 5 minutes 5 seconds

After restarting Coualt, Pushback worked.

I will do another flight and load my flight and then restart Coualt right away and see if Pushback works.

I hope this helps,

CXA001

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2017, 08:36:16 pm »
In the middle of another flight and the following work-around seems to work:

1. Load your flight w/ aircraft that you are going to fly.
2. Restarted Couatl.
3. Pushback worked fine for me.

Regards,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2017, 02:30:42 pm »
As I've said in one of my first replies, it's a bit difficult to investigate this without some kind of reproduction steps. Try to notice if it's related to the kind and the order of other services requested before the pushback.

Since it seems there are no cases where "Restart Couatl" doesn't fix it, just forget about it, and try to isolate what steps (and their order, this IS important) you used before calling Pushback.

CXA001

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2017, 05:00:06 pm »
I always use the same order regardless of aircraft or airport:

1. Catering Services;
2. Boarding;
3. Pushback;

I do not use any of the other things i.e. fuel, etc.

I will try and play around with different scenarios and advise.

bobsk8

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 04:19:31 am »
I've noticed this a couple of times and I'm not sure but it could be related to icing conditions when you're asked if you want deicing treatment.

Let's assume I answer 'No' to deicing treatment. Then I expect the pushback truck to move into position and to have the normal dialogue with the ground crew to start the pushback but nothing happens. The pushback truck doesn't move and no dialogue takes place.

The only way to "fix" this I've found is to reset GSX via the menu and then choose the prepare for pushback option again.

I had same problem, and just disabled GSX and then enabled it again and then pushback worked.