Author Topic: SODE jetways unusable  (Read 3244 times)

kero

SODE jetways unusable
« on: November 19, 2016, 11:43:53 pm »
Hi,
After installing SODE version 1.4.1 , I thought that the problem with previous versions was solved. No Way  :'(
I am using FSX sp2 with windows 7
Here attached are my log and XML and EXE files, and the picture shows that there are no jetways ( It is the new Aerosoft Malpensa scenery)

Any ideas ?

12bpilot

• Beta tester
Re: SODE jetways unusable
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 11:25:02 am »
Hi,

There's a third component to the whole SODE infrastructure besides exe and dll: the SimObjects. They are registered within the fsx.cfg file for FSX and FSX-Steam Edition. From the log, I can tell that the two SODE related SimObject paths are missing in your fsx.cfg. SODE (well in fact FSX) is not able to locate the objects and fails to display them.

The path registration should be done by the PlatformManager tool. Sometimes, it helps if you press the register/unregister button a second time to properly write to the entries to the fsx.cfg file. You can then check the fsx.cfg if the entries are there.

kero

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 09:43:24 pm »
Thank you, that worked for me.
But a new problem has occured:
The jetways are there and functionnal, but as soon as I fire up GSX, the jetways disappear. All I have to do is to restart SODE and it comes back.
Moreover, there is nothing interfacing GSX and SODE, so it is not possible for me to use the jetways via GSX.

12bpilot

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 05:06:02 pm »
I don't understand your second question about that interfacing GSX and SODE. Do you mean you can't see any menu window?

When using GSX, it is not necessary to call up the SODE menu window to select the stand and operate the jetways. You can use the GSX menu window exclusively for that! That's the main idea of the GSX-SODE integration. Because if you select the stand via the SODE menu and afterwards open up GSX, anomalies like disappearing jetways will happen. So only use the GSX menu for jetway operation.