Author Topic: GSX - Default Push back truck  (Read 3709 times)

almozzi

GSX - Default Push back truck
« on: November 11, 2016, 02:25:45 pm »
Hello, I'm just starting now using your addon and I have seen that the push back is Always done with tow bar.
Are you planning for the future to add other pushback (lifter for example) and possibly to allow to configure it to a specific airport?
The ideal is that you can let us to choose the default pushback truck, and specific truck for specific airport (lifter, tow bar, both)
Thank you for your work, it's fantastic!.
Alessandro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Default Push back truck
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:33:16 pm »
Hello, I'm just starting now using your addon and I have seen that the push back is Always done with tow bar.

No, it's not. There's a towbarless model available, which will appear sometimes at random, and depending on the plane weight ( must be > 170000 lbs )

The ideal is that you can let us to choose the default pushback truck, and specific truck for specific airport (lifter, tow bar, both)

The kind of pushback used depends more by the airplane than the airport, but we could take into account the suggestion to allow user configurability.

almozzi

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 07:46:16 pm »
Thank you, your clarification is very useful.
just for a more complete information, I generally fly from LIME Bergamo to LICJ Palermo or LIPD Bari, and in this three specific airports up to now, with B737 and A3xx family I have only seen towless truck, so that's why I made the request.
By the way, I love your addon.
A.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 07:50:37 pm »
I have seen that the push back is Always done with tow bar.

in this three specific airports up to now, with B737 and A3xx family I have only seen towless truck, so that's why I made the request.

??? I thought you said you only see trucks with a tow bar, now you say you only see towbar-less vehicles ? As I've said, the most important parameter is the airplane weight and sometimes the parking radius: look at the "condition" lines in each pushback truck vehicle SIM.CFG file, to check them.

almozzi

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:17:01 pm »
Sorry for my english which created confusion, I confirm that, up to now, in GSX I have seen only towbar trucks pushing PMDG 737 at LIME (Bergamo)
(I will have to check sim.cfg file and radius according to your indication).
In real life, at LIME and some others airports where I flow I see only towbar-less pushback trucks with B737 and  A319/A320.
:)

A.