Author Topic: headset guy/ramp lead speed?  (Read 2360 times)

Just Caliber

headset guy/ramp lead speed?
« on: November 17, 2016, 07:14:43 am »
It is VERY frustrating to have to wait for the headset guy/ramp lead to SLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY walk back to the tug for a "ride" back to the gate. It honestly takes far too long and I'm pretty sure its not like that in the real world. They give the pilots a hand signal, and get the hell out of there. They don't just slowly walk back to the tug. I would say it takes maybe, 10-20 seconds. Yes that is a long time when you're trying to depart and you've already got a delay, or long taxi, or in the hold for taxi, or even holding up other flights behind you. (I fly online)

So is there anyway at all to speed this guy up?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: headset guy/ramp lead speed?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 09:50:02 am »
There's no way to speed the guy, because its translation speed it's obviously carefully synchronized to the actual walking animation so, just speeding him up, would result in a funny accelerated walk cycle, as if you would use the sim "Time Acceleration" feature.

Which, of course, you can always use right now so, it's no use adding an "additional" setting in GSX that would result in exactly the same effect of a default sim function.

Just Caliber

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 10:03:54 am »
Ok, well I can understand that, but is there anyway to make it so that he doesn't walk to the tug and eat valuable fuel, and time?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 03:57:51 pm »
Ok, well I can understand that, but is there anyway to make it so that he doesn't walk to the tug and eat valuable fuel, and time?

As I've said, there isn't. Unless we add a new separate running animation to use only in that case. We'll keep this as a suggestion for future versions.