Author Topic: Don't Close The GSX Window  (Read 2384 times)

Santy4Tas

Don't Close The GSX Window
« on: November 13, 2016, 12:07:03 am »
Hello Dear People,

I want to know if there are a way to deactivate the "automatic window close" in GSX. As you know when you are using your simulator and you press Shift+F12 the GSX window open for let you choose the boarding, the pushback, etc....but if u let this widow open it close automatically after some seconds. So, I use 2 displays in my PC and in my second monitor I put the windows of addons programs I use during the fly, like IVAO, ActiveSky, Ezdok Camera, etc. I want to maintain the GSX windows open all the time, at least when I'm on ground because in the air it's not very necessary. This addon is very useful, it's one of my essential addons when I make flights.

If some one know how I can make this I'll appreciate this, maybe modifying some file in the GSX folder I can get this, anyway, I hope you can help me.

Thank you so much!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Don't Close The GSX Window
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 07:53:00 pm »
This has been asked several times, because users assume what you are seeing it's a "GSX window", but it's not.

It the ONLY and ONE Simconnect menu, which is shared between all 3rd party apps that use a menu, so it would be wrong if GSX would get hold of it and never give it back to FSX, because another addon might need to use it, and there can only be ONE Simconnect menu opened at any given time, that's why GSX will not use it for more time than strictly necessary.