Author Topic: GSX install of SODE causes P3D v3.4 to load flight automatically from Scenario  (Read 2323 times)

macwino

I’m running P3D v3.4 on Windows 10. I have installed GSX on a clean install of P3D v3.4. As part of the installation process, GSX also installed SODE. I think the version was 1.3.4 or something very close to that.

After this installation, I was suddenly encountering a situation where, when P3D reaches the Scenario screen, which displays the default flight that comes with P3D, it immediately starts loading the default flight, preventing me from changing the plane, airport, etc. The loading window with its bar graph displays in front of the Scenario screen. When the loading of the flight is completed, instead of leaving me at the airport, P3D either freezes on the Scenario screen which has been visible all the time behind the bar graph or crashes to the Desktop. I never get to the airport.

Event Viewer either doesn't record the crash at all or indicates that it doesn't have enough information to determine the cause.

I uninstalled the version of SODE installed by GSX and the problem was eliminated. I could again use the Scenario screen to setup a flight and reach the airport.

I thought the problem might be caused by GSX having installed an old version of SODE. So I went to SODE's site and downloaded the latest version, v1.4.1, and installed it. But the auto loading problem from the Scenario screen immediately returned. I then uninstalled SODE v1.4.1 and the problem was eliminated.

Any thoughts on why SODE might be causing this strange behavior and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Any thoughts on why SODE might be causing this strange behavior and how to fix it?

We surely don't change anything in the startup flight configuration from the GSX installer, and we just launch the SODE installer "as it is", so it would have been exactly the same if you just downloaded SODE and installed it yourself, which in fact is what you confirmed it happened when you did.

So, this is not a GSX question, but a SODE question and, unless Jeffrey would come here clarifying the issue, you might have a better luck to get a quicker reply on SODE's forum on fsdeveloper.com:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/simobject-display-engine.143/

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:47:49 pm by virtuali »

macwino

Thanks for the link. Will do.

Robert