Author Topic: Not sure how to fix this problem...  (Read 3153 times)

Pvazquez

Not sure how to fix this problem...
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:57 am »
I am posting this because I am getting ready to do a flight from KLAX but looking at the current real world operations, all AI traffic are landing/departing on a westbound direction (runways 24L/R and 25L/R). My p3d is using the opposite runways (runways 6L/R and 7L/R) for takeoff and landings, which it's correct for the current wind conditions, which are currently at 100/06 but it's not actually the direction the planes are landing and departing.

In real life, of course, 24L/R and 25L/R are the standard "calm wind" runways and they don't change to the opposite until wind is more than about 8 knots and steady from the north or east (i.e. santa ana winds) but even with that, real life flights are landing westbound as they show right now on Flightaware. I know P3D ATC always assigns the "lowest" runway number(s) in calm winds. So this means LAX will be using runways 6L/R and 7L/R.

My question is... Is there a way to make runways 24L/R and 25L/R the default takeoff and landings runways?

Just so you know, I am using MyTraffic6 and AS2016. I am not sure what to do to fix this problem. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Pvazquez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not sure how to fix this problem...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 01:25:57 pm »
There's nothing you can do about it. Since FS9, the sim always used the runways according to its own calculations, based on a combination of weights, taking into account the wind, and preferring the longest runway with an ILS first.

I know P3D ATC always assigns the "lowest" runway number(s) in calm winds. So this means LAX will be using runways 6L/R and 7L/R.

No, it doesn't. If no wind is involved (or there's not *enough* tailwind component to have it switch to another runway), the default runway is the longest one with an ILS.

So, regardless how it in real life, you cannot force the sim to take into account the wind any differently than its own internal calculations.