Author Topic: New to GSX and error Can't initiate simconnect error  (Read 8571 times)

walouigi

New to GSX and error Can't initiate simconnect error
« on: October 23, 2016, 04:02:40 pm »
When loading FSX I get "Can't Init SimConnect Error!", I press ok and continue, however I cannot see the addon menu for add on manger, I only see the FSUIPC.
With GSX uninstalled all is ok. This is on a fresh FSX/Acceleration install, W7/64.
The Simconnect is installed from acceleration package.
Thanks for any help
Regards
Hani
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:34:34 pm by walouigi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New to GSX and error Can't initiate simconnect error
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 10:55:01 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. Yes, you said it goes away if you remove it, but GSX is only revealing the problem you already have, it's not the cause.

The Simconnect is installed from acceleration package.

This is done automatically by the GSX installer, which starts the Simconnect X-Pack installer from your FSX:SE folder. However, it won't do any harm doing it again manually. However, the Simconnect runtimes also have a dependency on the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtime libraries, so perhaps you have a problem with these missing/corrupted.

This thread here indicates all known causes for the missing menus for the Addon Manager or Couatl:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872

See point #2 in that post, the one related to the MS VC++ 2005 runtime libraries.

walouigi

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 07:57:24 pm »
Hi Umberto
I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the VC++ 2005. runtime. But I will try again and will let you know. I have reinstalled the Simconnect 3 times and still no luck. The tools button was also missing but after changing the True to false in the dll of Fsx it is now working.
So I will try again and let you know.
Thanks
Hani
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:59:04 pm by walouigi »

walouigi

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 10:42:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I have tried what was suggested in the referred thread, and removed the visual C++ libraries, and reinstalled using the recommended setting, and still no luck.
In the add-ons menu no possibility for me to activate the GSX.
Please let me know what is the other steps.
I have also bought FSDream, KLAX, KORD, LSGG, and I cannot activate.
Can I refund them if I can't get them to work?
Thanks
Hani

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 08:55:12 am »
In the add-ons menu no possibility for me to activate the GSX.

The issue doesn't have anything to do with the activation: GSX, all our sceneries, and every other 3rd party addon out there require Simconnect to run, and if you don't fix it now, you'll have plenty of similar issues with other addons later.

What other 3rd party modules you installed ? It's possible some of them might use an outdated Simconnect, which is forcing the sim to be stuck with the outdated version.

walouigi

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »
Hi Umberto,
The only other Add-ons I have that I have for now is FSUIPC, and that is the only one displaying under add-ons.
FSDream GSX and Scenery is the first add-ons that I am trying to install.
I have other add-ons plane that do not require Simconnect like PMDG, Airbus X, and IFly.
So please let me know what are my options?
I tried everything possible explained in the forum, or googled about Simconnect, and nothing is working for me.
This is a brand new install of FSX on a new PC. so every thing is installed fresh.
Thanks
Hani

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »
I have other add-ons plane that do not require Simconnect like PMDG, Airbus X, and IFly.

These ALL require Simconnect and, as I've said, one of them is probably compiled to use an outdated version, so the sim is stuck with it, and cannot load the proper version used by GSX. The loading order of the modules might be an issue.

Sure it's not PMDG, since I know for sure it requires the same version as GSX, so you should try to disable ALL the other modules in your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files, ( except the FSDT ones: bglmanx.dll in the DLL.XML file and Couatl.exe in the EXE.XML file ), and see which one is the offending one.

If your FSX:SE is installed in stand-alone mode (no FSX), the files are located in the same folder as FSX:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

And you can disable a module without uninstalling anything, by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> line in its own section in the relevant XML file. Disable everything, except the FSDT modules and see if the error goes away.

walouigi

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 08:14:27 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Ok I  disabled all the DLL, to True, except the GSX and Coatl in exe, and still the same issue, "can't init Simconnect" error.
I had all these add-ons working fine on my old PC before changing to a new PC, and reinstalling them.
The only new item for me is the FSDT items.
So I am puzzled to what can be the cause now.
Now since all other add-ons are working fine with Simconnect, how come only GSX, and the scenery are not working.
Please let me know what would be my next step.
Can I refund them if they don't work?
Thanks
Hani
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:44:01 am by walouigi »

walouigi

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 12:45:07 am »
still the same error. Can't get around it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 09:31:29 am »
Now since all other add-ons are working fine with Simconnect, how come only GSX, and the scenery are not working.

There are several versions of Simconnect (FSX RTM, FSX SP1, FSX XPack/SP2 and FSX:SE ) that can be installed and can run together all at the same time. GSX requires the FSX XPack/SP2 version so, that one is the one which has a problem, but if your other addons are made to use one of the older version and they are working, you are then easily mislead that "everything works" and it must be a "GSX problem", but you'll have the same problem sooner or later, when you'll find an addon that requires the version that right now doesn't work on your system.

You can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to understand what's going on, this way:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next launch of the sim, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening. Only the first 15-20 lines are important. If the scrolling goes too fast, try again and use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to read the first lines of the screen.

walouigi

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 03:36:15 pm »
Thank you Umberto,
I will do that today and I will advise you the outcome.
Thanks again
Hani

walouigi

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 01:42:54 am »
Hi Umberto,
The results have issues as the sim cannot find the Couatl.exe path, even wehen it is within the FSX under (D:\FSX)
Also it is not recognizing the SDK under C:\Program 86\Microsoft games.......SDK, but it is there ????
The PMDG is ok and Feelthere is ok, CaptainSim is ok.
I have attached fir you the results.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Hani
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:48:23 am by walouigi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 01:11:35 pm »
The results have issues as the sim cannot find the Couatl.exe path, even wehen it is within the FSX under (D:\FSX)

Nothing in your error log (and it would have been best if you attached the FILE itself, not a screenshot of your notepad...) indicates there's a problem with Couatl.exe. In fact, it said it has loaded it.

The "File not found" messages are ALL related to OTHER modules, like SODE and those from the SDK.

And, you haven't done what I asked to do: which was disabling EVERYTHING in BOTH your EXE.XML and DLL.XML, except the two FSDT modules, which are bglmanx.dll from the DLL.XML file and Couatl.exe from the EXE.XML file. Instead, from your Simconnect log file, it's clear that you are still trying to load FSX with everything enabled.

Since the problem is caused by another addon loading an outdated Simconnect, it's not use doing ANY troubleshooting if you don't do as requested: disabling everything except the FSDT modules, and ensure the error goes away.

Then, once you have assessed that, without every 3rd party module, the Simconnect error goes away, you can re-enable every other 3rd party module, one by one, until you find the offending one.

walouigi

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 12:29:31 am »
Hi Umberto
I did what you have asked, and only the Coatl was running, and still get the same error.
Here is the diagnose.

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.00224 Server: Scope=global, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\REPLACE_WITH_PORT_NUM
BER, MaxClients=64
0.00858 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\REPLACE_WITH_PORT_NUMB
ER, MaxClients=64
0.01325 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simul
ator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
0.01516 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=1425, MaxClients=6
0.01690 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=1426, MaxCli
ents=64

0.17428 Exe Launched:  Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe"  CommandLine=""  Ver
sion="3.1.0.3536"
3.38184 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8
50.61408 DLL Loaded:  Path="bglmanx.dll"  Version="3.0.0.18"
> 55.22174 [128, 1]Open: Version=0x00000004  Name="Couatl".

Please let me know what is next.
Thanks
Hani

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 11:17:01 am »
Your log seems to be cut (as I've said, it would be best if you just ATTACHED the actual file, instead of posting it as a screenshot or as a message) so, I cannot possibly say if there are other errors but, it seems the are no errors on loading so, the only possible reasons why the Simconnect cannot initialize is either:

- You haven't installed the Simconnect clients:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

- You have still have a problem with the VC++ 2005 runtimes, which are required by the Simconnect client itself.