Author Topic: My Thoughts on Houston KIAH...  (Read 8783 times)

flight224

My Thoughts on Houston KIAH...
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:02:48 pm »
Hello FSDT,
Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport is a large international carrier that has airlines from all over the world visiting it. KIAH is a much needed airport in the FS community because there isn't any other add-on developers that have released one. Simflyers is very out of date and is at the time when construction was still going on. There is a freeware scenery available, but in my opinion KIAH is not correct if it doesn't have the taxiway bridges, the proper ground textures, etc...Do you have this in mind for future projects? You need to at least consider it.

SirIsaac726

Re: My Thoughts on Houston KIAH...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 11:13:28 pm »
KPHX is a better choice. :P ;)

flight224

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 11:19:28 pm »
Simflyers has a KPHX out that works fine and KIAH is a much larger airport.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:39:40 am »

Yes, true.  But it is pretty outdated just as KIAH.  Wait, why is the size of the airport a good reason to do an airport?  Usually developers (key word *usually*) don't like doing massive airports that cover a large area as the potential for poorer frame rates is greater.

flight224

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 12:53:57 am »

Yes, true.  But it is pretty outdated just as KIAH.  Wait, why is the size of the airport a good reason to do an airport?  Usually developers (key word *usually*) don't like doing massive airports that cover a large area as the potential for poorer frame rates is greater.
At least KPHX hasn't had any changes made since simflyers produced it. KIAH was still having Terminal D built at the time. Therefore, the airport isn't complete. Also, FSDT has done ORD and JFK(hint-huge airports).

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:54:10 am »
Also, FSDT has done ORD and JFK(hint-huge airports).

Well, hint hint, after KLAS, they're doing KDFW (a huge airport, larger than both KORD and KJFK), and then they're taking a break from sceneries and making an aircraft.  This has been stated numerous times.  If they do indeed decide to make KIAH, I'd bet it'll be at least a year from now.  Also, they've stated an interest in UK sceneries now that UK2000 isn't doing them anymore...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 03:01:22 am by Aeroman »
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

flight224

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:08:01 am »

Well, hint hint, after KLAS, they're doing KDFW (a huge airport, larger than both KORD and KJFK), and then they're taking a break from sceneries and making an aircraft.  This has been stated numerous times.  If they do indeed decide to make KIAH, I'd bet it'll be at least a year from now.  Also, they've stated an interest in UK sceneries now that UK2000 isn't doing them anymore...
I was aware that they are making an aircraft as well as DFW. I was thinking that IAH could be a possibility after those are complete.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 04:10:15 am »

At least KPHX hasn't had any changes made since simflyers produced it. KIAH was still having Terminal D built at the time. Therefore, the airport isn't complete. Also, FSDT has done ORD and JFK(hint-huge airports).

Well, yes it has had changes since SimFlyer's made it (as I stated).

(Hint-I SAID USUALLY)  I realize that FSDT is doing large airports but being large in size usually isn't what determines what scenery is made.  I was responding to your argument for KIAH when you said "and KIAH is a much larger airport".

flight224

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 04:14:08 am »

Well, yes it has had changes since SimFlyer's made it (as I stated).

(Hint-I SAID USUALLY)  I realize that FSDT is doing large airports but being large in size usually isn't what determines what scenery is made.  I was responding to your argument for KIAH when you said "and KIAH is a much larger airport".
I don't just mean that IAH is larger in size either. It is larger in international airlines as well as domestic destinations.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 10:32:13 am »
I don't just mean that IAH is larger in size either. It is larger in international airlines as well as domestic destinations.

Ahh...misunderstood ya'. ;)

Buziel-411

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 04:26:31 am »

Please don't put KDFW off again, FSDT!  :P

crunk747

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 03:02:17 am »
YES!!! I agree with flight224 KIAH has to be done by FSDT it is Continental's biggest hub and has been neglected by developers for along time. The Simflyers one is very old with Terminal E still under construction and it gets terrible frames. I live in Houston so it would be great if you guys made it....  ;D ;D ;D 

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 04:59:12 pm »
http://mach1designgroup.webs.com/scenery.htm
May not be FSDT quality, but you can't beat the price. ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock