Author Topic: FSX:Steam freeze after landing at MDPC requesting services  (Read 28984 times)

p3dx3

Re: FSX:Steam freeze after landing at MDPC requesting services
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2016, 03:19:31 am »
More proof there is some bug in GSX and not my fsx. After landing and taxing from the runway, this time in the menu I selected "restart couatl" and after everything loaded again, I selected my gate, ground provider, and catering service. No crash!

Eisbahn

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »
More proof there is some bug in GSX and not my fsx. After landing and taxing from the runway, this time in the menu I selected "restart couatl" and after everything loaded again, I selected my gate, ground provider, and catering service. No crash!

A simple question: If this is a bug in GSX, why are you the only one with this problem?

p3dx3

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2016, 04:24:00 pm »

A simple question: If this is a bug in GSX, why are you the only one with this problem?

Not every setup is similar, not everyone with a problem reports it. Finding bugs is not about am I the only one. Why are you acting so hostile? I am trying to help Umberto figure out this issue so it can be fixed.

p3dx3

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2016, 10:00:33 pm »
Using the restart couatl service in the menus only worked once. When I landed after my 2nd leg back, and tried the "restart couatl" again, FSX froze like it did when I was requesting ground services. So this is a problem with the couatl service on my system, not another addon like EZDok. Umberto any suggestions? Delete all files and reinstall everything? Or just reinstall GSX? I deleted my airport cache before and ran the latest GSX installer but nothing has fixed it. On a restart after this freeze my Intel 82579 Gigabit Network Controller was corrupted and I needed in the device manager to install the drivers again. Win10 Pro all the latest updates. And latest Intel drivers too.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:02:20 pm by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2016, 04:33:09 pm »
Then that is still a bug in gsx conflicting with the fslabs Calling airport services then freezing right after would point to a problem with gsx.

You haven't replied to the question: does the crash happens with a default airplane ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2016, 04:42:18 pm »
On a restart after this freeze my Intel 82579 Gigabit Network Controller was corrupted and I needed in the device manager to install the drivers again.

Clear, final, and definitive PROOF the problem doesn't have ANTYHING to do with GSX, and it's CLEARLY a driver problem which, as I've said, so many times already, it's the ONLY kind of software that can crash your system so badly.

Another possible explanation, which adds another possible cause of a problem that doesn't have *anything* to do with GSX, but might easily mislead thinking it's caused by it, is that there IS some INDIRECT interaction between "GSX" (not really GSX, of course), FsLabs and your network card, and it's the fact they all use Esellerate.

Without having the slightest idea how it works, internally (other than being sure it works for everybody else), Esellerate does have access to your network card, most likely to get the MAC number in order to recognize an hardware change.

Which means, a BUGGED network driver, or a problem with its settings, MIGHT crash the system when accessed. And Esellerate access it. And Esellerate it's one thing in common that both GSX and FSLabs used.

This could explain why:

- You said (or at least I *think* you implied) it happens with FsLabs, mistakenly accusing "GSX to conflict with FSLabs", which is obviously not true.

- The system crashed hard

- You said yourself your network driver became "corrupted" after the crash.

- It happens only after a some time: maybe it needs a certain amount of communication over the network to show up.

- NOBODY ELSE has reported it, along the 49 pages of this thread, where YOU are the only one reporting THIS specific crash.

p3dx3

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2016, 10:49:55 am »
How can it be proof that it has nothing to do with gsx when restarting your couatl service also caused the crash? And if no one else is reporting a bug, does not mean the bug does not exist. That I have never heard given as a reason for why something cannot be a bug.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »
How can it be proof that it has nothing to do with gsx when restarting your couatl service also caused the crash?

It's only a proof that what ELSE is causing it, is exposing a problem in your system that you cannot notice until you do that. Not that Couatl *itself* it's the cause.

For example: if you have a corrupted .BGL somewhere, this is NOT obviously caused by GSX, but it's a problem nonetheless that you would want to find and fix, but you won't NOTICE IT unless you either fly that scenery and see that something it's missing OR you "Restart Couatl", which will likely cause an error that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise, but you will thank mistakenly assume "it must be Couatl", JUST because in order to notice it, you must do something related to it.

quote]And if no one else is reporting a bug, does not mean the bug does not exist.[/quote]

Of course it's not, but it's a very strong evidence it's NOT a "bug", but a problem that happens only in YOUR system. If if was a bug, someone else would have noticed it by now. We are always awaiting for new reports, of course...

p3dx3

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 09:52:30 pm »

Of course it's not, but it's a very strong evidence it's NOT a "bug", but a problem that happens only in YOUR system. If if was a bug, someone else would have noticed it by now. We are always awaiting for new reports, of course...

How can it not be a bug when I am getting crashes using your product? If I do not enable GSX I can fly all day long. If I arrive at an airport and request services I get a crash. if I restart Couatl at my arrival airport, I get a crash. I am not understanding how it isn't a problem. And so others are not getting this issue, why does that not make it a bug? As you know there are so many different variables with each system. And I did not have this issue using FSX Acceleration my crashing has started now after using FSX Steam.

Different airplane, PMDG 737. Same result, First couatl crashes

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3536, time stamp: 0x57bf02a2
Faulting module name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3536, time stamp: 0x57bf02a2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00109f42
Faulting process id: 0x214
Faulting application start time: 0x01d228952d90cc27
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Report Id: 80adc38d-e6fd-461c-8120-b2530ddd4e7a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

then FSX crashes about 30 seconds later

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57dacde1
Fault offset: 0x0003f959
Faulting process id: 0x15bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2289519ab441e
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 3df1cd8a-157a-4769-b519-adb40eb2f41a

p3dx3

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 10:05:19 pm »
I uninstalled FSLabs Airbus and FSLabs Spotlight and still am crashing even when trying to edit airports in the GSX menu. I want to set "has jetways" to all the gate parking at an addon airport but the second I go up to the menu it crashes FSX.

Restarted and loaded default trike at the gate, go up to the GSX menu and select edit airport

crash.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57898e34
Fault offset: 0x000daf70
Faulting process id: 0x2c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d228b135778753
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
Report Id: ef48b0d4-60b9-43e9-92ec-bbd80d25b141

then

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3536, time stamp: 0x57bf02a2
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57dacde1
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000d9841
Faulting process id: 0xaf0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d228b14edad570
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 797a14c0-8755-46b6-99ce-f4cf880b7df2

I give up. Time to retire FSX and save up for P3D for the holidays I guess.

p3dx3

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2016, 03:18:59 am »
Had some time to look around at the different airports I have installed, and by chance I noticed the airports FSX did not crash at are airports with an afcad file using Flight1's AFX. Many airports I have use afcad files from the freeware program ADE. Orbx airports I fly to like KPSP and KBZN use ADE. And Flightbeam KDEN also uses that. I started at FSDT KLAS and the afcad file does not use ADE it opens with AFX... and no crash.

So I wonder if something is wrong with GSX using only airport sceneries with afcads from ADE. This could be the root cause of all my issues after all. Any thoughts on that Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2016, 09:52:54 am »
How can it not be a bug when I am getting crashes using your product?

Because you are the only one reporting it.

If I do not enable GSX I can fly all day long

As I've explained, several times, your bug is AFFECTING GSX, is not CAUSED by it. Your bug is MAKING Couatl crash, it's not Couatl which is making the sim crash.

If I arrive at an airport and request services I get a crash. if I restart Couatl at my arrival airport, I get a crash.

As I've already said, several times, if it happens only after a flight, you are probably consuming your memory so, when GSX ASK the SIM to create some objects, then just don't fit in RAM. That's NOT a "GSX bug"!!!

And so others are not getting this issue, why does that not make it a bug?

That's the strongest indication of all.

As you know there are so many different variables with each system. And I did not have this issue using FSX Acceleration my crashing has started now after using FSX Steam.

Further proving the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which works exactly the same in the two sim, just it uses different folders, but not a single bit of code is different.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2016, 10:02:55 am »
So I wonder if something is wrong with GSX using only airport sceneries with afcads from ADE. This could be the root cause of all my issues after all. Any thoughts on that Umberto?

Mostly everybody use sceneries made with ADE, which is by far more popular than AFX. I'd say more than 90% of the 3rd party sceneries out there are made with ADE.

In fact, it's AFX which is NOT supported on FSX:SE, and it's AFX which is using a slightly different file format than usual (although it's totally supported by GSX), because it embeds a signature for licensing purposes. So, if the problem was the file format, it should affect sceneries made AFX, rather than ADE, which is the de-facto standard.

But of course, if you sceneries made with ADE are *corrupted* for some reason, then GSX will surely crash, but it will do it EVERY time, NOT just after a flight. Since you weren't able to show me a crash when just starting a flight, when we had the Teamviewer session and it seem from your reports that it happens only after a flight, the AFCAD itself cannot be the cause.

Again, it might just be that sceneries made with ADE, probably because they are freeware sceneries made to replace a default airport, might simply be lighter on memory, so you arrive there with no memory issues, so you are not mislead into thinking that GSX is crashing your system because you called the services (and then it tried to create additional objects) when the memory was critical.

Note that, the absolute quantity of memory is not relevant. What counts is the amount of CONTIGUOUS memory available, which I'm not sure you can check but, in essence, if an application (FSX itself NOT Couatl, since it's FSX that has been asked to create an object, on behalf of GSX, but it's FSX which is doing ALL the work) requires, let's say, 100MB or memory, you might have 300 MB free, but if the largest *contiguous* fragment it's only 90MB, you WILL OOM.

I'm saying this, because NTDLL.DLL errors ARE related to memory allocation.

p3dx3

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2016, 09:20:03 pm »
But I am not running out of memory. I started at the gate in a default Trike aircraft, with over 1gb free of VAS. I can show you later this week the crashes I can now reproduce 100% of the time using sceneries like FlightBeam KDEN and Orbx KPSP that both have afcad files created in ADE not AFX.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:35:34 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2016, 09:36:01 am »
But I am not running out of memory. I started at the gate in a default Trike aircraft, with over 1gb free of VAS.

Which is why I've said:

Note that, the absolute quantity of memory is not relevant. What counts is the amount of CONTIGUOUS memory available