Author Topic: black textures at addon manager/couati sceneries  (Read 2987 times)

planeman

black textures at addon manager/couati sceneries
« on: August 28, 2016, 10:25:16 am »
I have a problem with your IAH and flightbeam sceneries.  In IAH I have whole airport in black and in flightbeam KDEN i have the terminal in black.  I updated the add on manager and Couati, turned off/on Couati and upgraded the video card drivers.  I have orbx sceneries and IAH is on the top layer.  I am running Prepar3d v3 with I7 6700K OC to 4.4GHz with windows 10 home and an GTX 970 video card.  I don't have this problem with non add on manager/Couati sceneries.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/planeman/black_zpscxmpsegl.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/planeman/Untitled-1_zpspa0kjux8.jpg
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:09:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: black textures at addon manager/couati sceneries
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »
Have you moved the sceneries from the folder they have been installed into by the installer ? If yes, that's explains the problem. You cannot do that. The sceneries will work only when installed under the fsdreamteam or flightbeam folders located under the sim root folder.

planeman

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:47:43 pm »
I have KIAH and flightbeam scenery installed where prepar3d is installed which is in C:/Prepar3d v3.  I still have black textures in KIAH in trial/registered mode.

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »
I have KIAH and flightbeam scenery installed where prepar3d is installed which is in C:/Prepar3d v3.  I still have black textures in KIAH in trial/registered mode.

It's not possible that you would have black textures, if you just installed with the installer and haven't moved any files manually.

Do it again, just to be sure. Don't touch anything after the installation.