Author Topic: VRS Superhornet  (Read 49929 times)

SUBS17

Re: VRS Superhornet
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2009, 10:10:46 pm »
FM Demo
Ladies and gentlemen,

This is a video where the Superbug Flight Model accuracy and capabilitites are demonstrated. The video was intended in order to reproduce the typical Super Hornet airshow manoeuvers: Low speed pass, nose-high recovery, low speed-high pitch rate capability, full aft sitck Stall (controlled spin, really)...and of course the "movie start" in the Super Hornet repertory: "The Pirouette" (an extreme loaded roll).

The VRS Superbug can reproduce those manoeuvers and accurately match the real aircraft behaviour. It´s not casual, and of course it is not the result of a maddening tweaking work...ONLY real data was used in its development, and hence the (powerful) MSFS FD Engine is grateful  . There was a HUGE amount of research work behind this aircraft Flight Model, not only in the aerodynamic part (known as FDs) but also in the Control Laws design, and this is the result.

Just consider this first FS9 SE Superbug version as a teaser of what lies in the future...

Enjoy!

Álvaro

PS: I´d like to give the thanks to Miguel A. Abad for his unselfish help and hard work with the video edition. This wouldn´t have been possible without you. Thanks, my friend 

Vimeo HD Stream: (video download available)

YouTube: (HD version available)
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sCEmnNZQI

Note: this video footage is based in a pre-SP1 version

Very cool to fly even more fun when its loaded.

skimmer

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 03:15:01 am »
Hello guys, does this great ,gonna be mine when FSX version comes out have a sonic boom with effect?

SUBS17

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 06:08:39 am »
No not as far as I am aware but I doubt they could have put one in since they have so far pushed FS9 to the limit.

Bullseye

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 04:51:43 pm »
Can't wait until they release one for FSX, imagine all the options that could be used, such a detail achieveble !

burner12

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 03:35:12 pm »
I know right now it's still the FS2004 version but I was wondering when you shut down the engines does it always put the engine covers on , chocks on , and canopy open? Or can you configure it to be on a carrier and act like it's chained down? Also since it has droppable weapons is there an explosion when you drop a JDAM? Or does it just dissapear? What about missiles?

What does anybody think the estimated date release or Quater release will be for the FSX version?

Also if it runs on a single core you think it'll run on my computer because  have a single core, but it's preferable to have a dual core but minimum probably will be single. So I don't know if I'll be able to run the FSX version cause I haven't seen the specs for it yet.

Also I mean to ask are there any former Tomcat squadrons included in the pakcage right now ( such as VFA-2, vFA-31, VFA-11, VFA-103, etc.)?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:42:38 am by burner12 »

skimmer

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 10:27:18 pm »
Hey wait a min,I was sleeping when they covered the definition of (dual prosseser). Can anyone explain in simple terms what that is? And thankyou in advance.

SUBS17

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 05:14:00 am »
Dual core is the combining of two CPUs to allow faster processing its like a computer with two brains. Quad core has 4 cores so its like a computer with 4 brains. ;D
BTW FSX can handle upto 256 cores.

SUBS17

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2009, 05:53:00 am »
I know right now it's still the FS2004 version but I was wondering when you shut down the engines does it always put the engine covers on , chocks on , and canopy open? Or can you configure it to be on a carrier and act like it's chained down? Also since it has droppable weapons is there an explosion when you drop a JDAM? Or does it just dissapear? What about missiles?

What does anybody think the estimated date release or Quater release will be for the FSX version?

Also if it runs on a single core you think it'll run on my computer because  have a single core, but it's preferable to have a dual core but minimum probably will be single. So I don't know if I'll be able to run the FSX version cause I haven't seen the specs for it yet.

Also I mean to ask are there any former Tomcat squadrons included in the pakcage right now ( such as VFA-2, vFA-31, VFA-11, VFA-103, etc.)?

Yes when you shut the engines down it does put covers and chocks on, as for carrier no chains just chocks and covers.
No there are no explosions when you drop weapons although you hear a bang when you use mavericks there might be explosions in the FSX version. No word yet on the FSX release although I think they just started it a month or so ago so it might be a while. Haven't seen the specs yet for FSX version although FS9 version works ok but I get low FPS in MP with a standard P4 2.4gig.
VFA2 no, 11 no, 103 no, VFA31 yes although some of those might be on the F version if and when they might decide to make one.

Razgriz

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2009, 06:11:47 am »

Yes when you shut the engines down it does put covers and chocks on, as for carrier no chains just chocks and covers.
No there are no explosions when you drop weapons although you hear a bang when you use mavericks there might be explosions in the FSX version. No word yet on the FSX release although I think they just started it a month or so ago so it might be a while. Haven't seen the specs yet for FSX version although FS9 version works ok but I get low FPS in MP with a standard P4 2.4gig.
VFA2 no, 11 no, 103 no, VFA31 yes although some of those might be on the F version if and when they might decide to make one.

Its advertised as the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, yet its just an E model.  I would like to see a legacy C/D model for FSX AEP.

SUBS17

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2009, 12:28:05 am »
The F would be a separate addon since it has a back seat and there are different versions like trainer and WSO etc. G would also be a separate addon as well I'd guess they also have hinted at a snack aircraft but exactly what that will be has yet to be mentioned.

mangold

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2009, 07:55:26 am »
someone here registered in free online network IVAO ? 
http://www.ivao.aero/

I like to learn if VRS f-18 radar (fs9) can indicate IVAO online traffic.

Not to mix up with online networks like FS gameplay or gamespy.
And not to mix up with fs9 multiplayer server/client connection.

SUBS17

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 03:57:55 am »
Rampstart video

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2009, 05:51:16 am »
Subs17: Thanks for the link - good to know - text useful on the page also.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

burner12

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2009, 02:02:21 am »
Does anybody know if the FSX version will be compatible w/ the FSX carriers? I read on the vrs site that ALPHA sim BIG E is a recommend but FSX doesn't support that. So will the FSX version be able to drop the launch bar and hook up like the acel hornet does or do it even better or not do it at all?

Also from what I've seen in the FS9 version is it hard to learn the avionics controls to control the control surfaces drop ordance and avionics controls or are they simple to master?

SUBS17

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 03:34:40 am »
I think it should be compatible with the acceleration carriers as you can make such adjustments in the ACM program. IMO the avionics is quite easy to use and simple to deploy I think the only limitation is the profiles that we use for combat sims Hotas I'm not sure if a realsitic profile has been done yet for some Hotas types.