Author Topic: Ground Services Not Working **SOLVED NOT A GSX PROBLEM**  (Read 19838 times)

mr_loly_pop

Ground Services Not Working **SOLVED NOT A GSX PROBLEM**
« on: August 11, 2016, 08:40:08 pm »
Hi

i have FSX and P3D v3 and they run quite well but i have problem with the GSX

The GSX wont load in the addons it will show in the addon manager but it will not show in the TOP BAR

the problem is that once i install it will work and might work for a day or just 1 or 4 reopen of the SIM or if i restart my computer the GSX will stop loading

the worst part this happen to both the SIMs FSX and P3D and each time i have to use it i have to make it sure i have to install GSX again and run the installer first then run the sim

I am using Windows 10 64bit and i have a fresh install of these sims also even now it behaving the same

can someone help me out what is the problem or is there a support for this

thankx
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:26:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground Services Not Working
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 11:53:19 pm »
The GSX wont load in the addons it will show in the addon manager but it will not show in the TOP BAR

Please try to be more clear, I don't fully understand this sentence.

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 02:02:06 pm »
Its a simple thing that i have to install the GSX after 3 to 4 days of use of it and after that it just wont load in the Addons

it is in the DDL the files are in the place but somehow it is always stop showing the program in the addons

thats the meaning of that line sorry my English is not that good

if you need i will post the pictures

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 11:51:16 pm »
Its a simple thing that i have to install the GSX after 3 to 4 days of use of it and after that it just wont load in the Addons

GSX doesn't obviously "unload" itself, if it was installed successfully once.

The only possible reason for this is an external interference from another program, most likely an antivirus which must be configured to exclude the FSX folder from scanning. This is just the most common problem, so try that first.

hayden888

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
I have had the same problem. I had gsx working great but then I updated and nothing worked. I tried a fresh install of fsx and gsx with all anti-virus software off but it still didn't work. I then turned off scanning but still no luck. Is there any other way to fix this as I have tried everything suggested. I use FSX steam edition on windows 10 64bit.

Matthewav

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 01:52:37 pm »
I too have the same problem. GSX installs ok and I can see it sitting on the drive.
But once in FSX-SE I go to add-on and the SODE only shows a message about Jetways being enabled. There's no GSX and the default ground equipment is still present.
I recently reloaded FSX-SE and downloaded the latest version with the SODE installer. I tried again with all anti virus off but this still doesn't fix it. Can someone at Dreamteam sort this issue out? I'm running FSX-SE with Windows 10.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 01:57:21 pm »
Before you say "I have the same problem", there are several things to check before you can really say the problem is the "same".

Do you have the Addon Manager and the GSX menus under the "Addons" menu ?

It's possible that installing another non-FSX:SE compliant addon has messed up your registry keys. Please check this post to verify they are correct:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14166.msg104727.html#msg104727

After you ensured the registry keys are correct, as indicated in that post, reinstall GSX, and use ONLY the latest FULL installer.

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 02:36:48 am »
Before you say "I have the same problem", there are several things to check before you can really say the problem is the "same".

It's possible that installing another non-FSX:SE compliant addon has messed up your registry keys. Please check this post to verify they are correct:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14166.msg104727.html#msg104727

After you ensured the registry keys are correct, as indicated in that post, reinstall GSX, and use ONLY the latest FULL installer.

i make this clear again i did made a fresh instalation and its been a month now i have been on this i have again reinstall my sims and still the GSX is keep disapering from my addons list (on the top addonlist)

this time i have changed back to windows 7 i have 6700k (4.6) SSD drive instalation dedicated to flight sim only 16GB ram gtx 980 and install software on windows is really nothing only required software comes with the required programs which are installed in the simulator and i personaly hate the Anti Virus programs so dont even install them a chrome and skype and few other porograms which are just on the count of tips are installed

i have almost 5 simconnects installed and they are working coz i do have some addons which run on the network from other laptops and i pads but only when they are required

i have FTX Globle vector tree HD PMDG and aerosoft flight addons A2A and q400
REX4 Soft Clouds

thats it and i think thats enough details you need to know about whats in the sim and still if there is anything else needed pls let me know i would love to share and get this problem fix

when i check the addon manager it show it is installed and active but it will not come in the drop menu or if i press ctrl+F12 which are the default keys

pls find out some details and pls let me know how more details i can give you i will again check this post if anyone can help me out ty

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 08:02:53 pm »
thats it and i think thats enough details you need to know about whats in the sim and still if there is anything else needed pls let me know i would love to share and get this problem fix

You haven't replied to the only question that mattered:

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 11:11:54 am »
I do have the Addon Manager but i dont see GSX under it
i can see the addon manager shows the GSX is installed but it will not show in the drop down menu

i have tried with the fresh installation also but things never change
i have also reinstalled generate new activation reg file still somehow the problem says the same
i have also updated from the site the latest version
Manager shows the menu but it will not show in the drop down menu

the only way it is working for me each time i have to run the simulator i have to install the GSX again
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:58:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 08:59:15 am »
I do have the Addon Manager but i dont see GSX under it

A problem with antivirus is the most common cause for missing Add-on Manager or Couatl and GSX menus so, first try the following procedure:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX. Use the latest full GSX installer on our site.

- BEFORE launching the sim, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch the sim.

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 09:32:36 pm »
I have no idea if you have read what i meantion and tring to be as crear as i can but all i am getting is to go for those steps which i have read already and done it what ever i can

I use windows 7 and i dont have any antivirus installed in my system the last i saw was Norton 2004 in my XP
I have also did with the fresh install of everything Windows 7 no other program other then P3D PMDG and GSX

all it happens is the Addon Manager dose show in the drop down menu but i cant see GSX it will only work for 1 day or 2 or may be 1 restart of the system but it will just disappear from the drop down menu

Now when i go to the TAB and check Addon Manager it will show GSX is registered and everything is green for the GSX but No GSX there

if you could understand this problem then i have one more problem that might help you to understand
if i install GSX and RUn P3D for the time GSX will work and it work normal as full version not the trial mode and when i start the operations of GSX the operators are different everytime for example if i am in india and flight Air India or indigo it should have Air India or Spice jet or any over indian operations but it is always a different operator this is something new i have start looking in my sim now

i hope i am clear again to explain what is the problem
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:42:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 12:45:32 pm »
I have no idea if you have read what i meantion

I obviously have. You said you have the Addon Manager, but you are missing the GSX (and I guess the Couatl menu too) menu so, you are missing a menu, which it's usually (99% of the times) due to the antivirus.

if i install GSX and RUn P3D for the time GSX will work and it work normal as full version not the trial mode and when i start the operations of GSX the operators are different everytime for example if i am in india and flight Air India or indigo it should have

This is an entirely different issue, and it's normal you would see different operators each time, if both have the same score on any given airport.

So, you said the first time you launch the sim, GSX works. Could you please check, using the Task Manager, if maybe the Couatl.exe program is still running, after you EXIT the sim ?

mr_loly_pop

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 06:18:03 pm »
No Sir Coualt.exe is not running after i exit the sim
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:24:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 09:24:34 pm »
No Sir Coualt.exe is not running after i exit the sim

Does it work after a Windows restart, WITHOUT reinstalling it ?