Author Topic: What firewall exclusions do I need to set?  (Read 3036 times)

p3dx3

What firewall exclusions do I need to set?
« on: August 09, 2016, 06:15:50 am »
I had an issue registering KMEM after purchase and it was fixed by turning off my firewall. I would rather not have to do this each time, so what exclusions do I make to my Windows 10 firewall to allow the firewall to always run but give access to the Virtuali programs? Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What firewall exclusions do I need to set?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:25:25 am »
I would rather not have to do this each time

How many times you need to reactivate ?

Turning of firewall is ONLY needed when you reactivate after an hardware change or a Windows reinstall. There's no need to deactivate the firewall only to USE the products, because they never, ever, connect to the internet to check the activation, unless you change hardware again or reinstall Windows again.

p3dx3

Re: What firewall exclusions do I need to set?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 01:16:03 pm »
I would rather not have to do this each time

How many times you need to reactivate ?

Turning of firewall is ONLY needed when you reactivate after an hardware change or a Windows reinstall. There's no need to deactivate the firewall only to USE the products, because they never, ever, connect to the internet to check the activation, unless you change hardware again or reinstall Windows again.

I did not know this thanks. I thought maybe your program was like Active Sky with requiring ports to be open on the Firewall. I will only disable it when activating your products and keep it on the rest of the time. Also I sent an email reply this weekend with my order # for KMEM you were going to give a credit from previous duplicate purchases. Thank you.