Author Topic: [P3D] FSDT Airports compatibility with MyTraffic 6a  (Read 3934 times)

captain420

[P3D] FSDT Airports compatibility with MyTraffic 6a
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:26:53 am »
I'm wondering why certain FSDT airports have the problem of seeing double runway markings and some don't. For example I am using AI traffic add-on called MyTraffic 6 in P3D. And at airports like PHLI, PHTO, PHKO I am seeing double runway markings. So I deactivated the corresponding BGL files in MyTraffic/Scenery folder to fix the issue. But by disabling those BGL files, what features will I lose, or will this effect my AI traffic in any way?

But at other airports such as FSDT KIAH, I don't have this problem. So why would certain airports show double runway markings and others don't? Even though KIAH doesn't have this cosmetic issue, I still see the follow me truck not driving on the centerline, but off to the side. Not sure if this has to do with MyTraffic's BGL file or not.

pilot3033

Re: [P3D] FSDT Airports compatibility with MyTraffic 6a
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:06:39 am »
You need to disable those "BGL" files, also known as AFCAD files, for any airport where you have scenery installed. Traffic programs tend to install their own airport files with more parking spaces. Getting add-on scenery accomplishes the same thing, but two files together create a conflict. You need to stick with the AFCAD file that comes with your scenery. You likely don't see double runways at IAH due to however the runway textures were created there. You probably will see some other types of overlap, misplaced aircraft, and as you said, GSX behaving oddly. Use the FSDT airport files in every instance, and same if you have any other add-ons.

captain420

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 06:52:17 am »
Thanks, I also notice double green taxi lights at night at KIAH as well. disabling those Mytraffic BGL files fixed everything.

However I'm still unable to park my PMDG 777 at any Gate at KIAH labeled as HEAVY. A lot of the D gates there support heavy airliners such as D4. But When I try to use any GSX ground services, it reports that my plane is too large for ground services. How can I fix this?

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:30 am »
Thanks, I also notice double green taxi lights at night at KIAH as well. disabling those Mytraffic BGL files fixed everything.

However I'm still unable to park my PMDG 777 at any Gate at KIAH labeled as HEAVY. A lot of the D gates there support heavy airliners such as D4. But When I try to use any GSX ground services, it reports that my plane is too large for ground services. How can I fix this?
Check out the included manual for GSX. In the add-on menu bar, find GSX and then "customize airport parking position." You'll see a window with your current parking position and an area regarding wingspan and parking radius. There's a little airplane icon/button you can press which will set the current parking position to have the wingspan limit of you current aircraft  for GSX purposes. If you like, you can select the entire block of D gates from the drop down structure on the left, and set this for the entire concourse in one go.

captain420

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 12:02:41 pm »
Thanks a lot !:)