Author Topic: trying to find a parking place but GSX says aircraft too large.  (Read 4103 times)

stretch1365

Hi all,

I have been using GSX without any real issues for a number of years.

However recently I notice that I can be at a gate at the start of a flight or after landing looking for a gate to park at but GSX keeps informing me my aircraft is too large for the parking location and ground services are unavailable. This has happened at airports from a number of developers UK2000 and FlyTampa to name just two. I also use Aivlasoft EFB when I fly and the EFB is showing me large/heavy gate locations which GSX still says are too small for my aircraft. I find this quite confusing and wonder if you can offer any suggestions.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Regards.

David Phillips.

Juergen2

Re: trying to find a parking place but GSX says aircraft too large.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:13:08 am »
Hi David,
I was just going to post the same issue when I saw your post.
I was flying from Miami to Rome yesterday and upon arrival and clearing the active runway I used the GSX hot key and was informed that "ALL the gates are too small". So then I taxied to a ramp space and again was informed that this space is too small for ground services.
Rome is one of my updated airports from Flyaway Scenery. So i tried the other updated airports also from Flyaway Scenery (Miami, Istanbul and Tampa) positioned the aircraft at the runway and invoked GSX. On all airports the gates where too small. I you look into the positioning selection of the aircraft in FSX, ALL airports list Heavy gates.
I then tried a non updated airport, Los Angeles, positioned the aircraft at the runway and invoked GSX: there where several Heavy gates, some occupied Heavy gates and also several available for parking.
So it seems to be an issue how GSX receives the gate information from FSX. I don't know how the updates/downloads from FlyAway Scenery effect the gate information.
Maybe someone can shed some light at this issue.
Thanks
Juergen

pilot3033

Re: trying to find a parking place but GSX says aircraft too large.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 12:24:18 am »
GSX reads the AFCAD file for parking radius and compares it to your current aircraft's wingspan. In the Add-on menu you should regenerate the airport cache. If that doesn't work, you can open the GSX menu to adjust the GSX-assumed radius to fit your aircraft. This is all explained in the manual.