Author Topic: GSX not recognizing afcad  (Read 11757 times)

ScottW

GSX not recognizing afcad
« on: August 05, 2016, 11:49:46 pm »
Hi:

I have installed a freeware version of KPBI, but GSX isn't recognizing the afcad. I checked and it's a full ADEX file but GSX is still looking for the stock afcad, which I have renamed as a backup file.

How do I get GSX to recognize it?

Thanks,
Scott
CYYZ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not recognizing afcad
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:01:54 am »
I have installed a freeware version of KPBI, but GSX isn't recognizing the afcad. I checked and it's a full ADEX file but GSX is still looking for the stock afcad, which I have renamed as a backup file.

First, be sure you have the current version of the software, which can be obtained by downloading and installing the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Once you are sure you have the latest version, which is supposed to detect changes to your Scenery Library more reliably, try to use the "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" option in the "Couatl - Settings" menu.

Assuming you *are* using the latest version of the software, and the problem still can only be fixed by manually rebuilding the airport cache, it's possible the issue happened because you renamed the original file.

There's no need to do that and, in fact, you shouldn't do that, since the freeware scenery might NEED to elements of the default file. You only need to place the freeware scenery on an HIGHER layer in the Scenery Library, and GSX will surely use it.

If the scenery is still not recognized, even after rebuilding the airports cache, then it's possible GSX might have rejected it for some reason. Enabling logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX - Setting and doing a another rebuild, will have any reasons why that particular file has been rejected in the Couatl.LOG file that will be created under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, if you enable Logging.

ScottW

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 02:03:20 pm »
Thanks. I will make the changes and let you know.
Scott

qman

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »
I am also trying to load the freeware KPBI.

the log contains this message:

File G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery\KPBI\scenery\KPBI_ADEX_AP.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport

Is there a way to work around this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 01:31:56 pm »

qman

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 03:27:02 pm »
perfect. thanks!

ScottW

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »
I have upgraded to the latest version of Couatl and am still having the same problem at KBPI. The AI Aircraft all recognize the new afcad, but Couatl is only going by the stock version.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 03:32:14 pm »
I have upgraded to the latest version of Couatl and am still having the same problem at KBPI.

Nowhere we said in this thread that you had to upgrad Couatl, if your problem was the "KPBI_ADEX_AP.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport" you reported before.

As I've said in my previous reply, the solution is explained in the thread I've linked before. I'll link it again here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.msg90687.html#msg90687

ScottW

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 06:20:40 pm »
I have followed all instructions [I think] and still can't get GSX to recognize the afcad. The Settings section is pointing to the stock afcad.

I have attached a file called couatl.txt which is the log file. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Scott

bobwad

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 07:01:59 pm »
Hi,

I am having a similar problem with added freeware airports.

As an example I have a file LFPG_RS.BGL (203kb) in my Addo Scenery/Scenery folder and GSX uses this file no problem.

I also have a file LEBL_RS.BGL (3302kb) in the same folder but GSX does not use this. It points instead to the default scenery folder for this airport.

I've added the line airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = 1000000 to my Couatl.ini file but this has made no difference.

Any further advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 05:01:42 pm »
I have followed all instructions [I think] and still can't get GSX to recognize the afcad. The Settings section is pointing to the stock afcad.

If you don't select the "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" menu option, no changes will happen. Select that option, and see if it works.

If still doesn't, select it AGAIN, and send the Couatl.LOG made IMMEDIATELY after a session where you reset the airport cache.

bobwad

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 07:18:04 pm »
Hi

I've already tried what you're suggesting but, unfortunately, no luck.

As requested I've attached the latest log file from last night.

Thanks,
Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:16 pm »
I also have a file LEBL_RS.BGL (3302kb) in the same folder but GSX does not use this. It points instead to the default scenery folder for this airport.

I've added the line airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = 1000000 to my Couatl.ini file but this has made no difference.

It's entirely normal that, if you set the maximum allowed size to be 1MB ( 1 million bytes ), a file that you said yourself is 3.320 kb, which means 3.3 MB ( more than 3 million bytes ), will be excluded, that's exactly what you told the program to do.

And in fact, the Couatl.LOG is confirming this:

File C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\scenery\LEBL_RS.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport

If you want to use this airport, the maximum size should be higher, like such as 4MB, which is 4000000 ( 4 millions bytes )
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:09:41 pm by virtuali »

bobwad

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 09:30:04 pm »
Hi

Strange how the obvious answer sometimes isn't so obvious!! Must be old age creeping up!!

I changed the parameter in the ini file to 4MB and everything now working fine.

Thanks very much for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Bob

ScottW

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 06:19:52 pm »
Still having the same problem after re-starting couatl twice.
Here's the log.
Scott