Author Topic: GSX not working....  (Read 2992 times)

neologic2k

GSX not working....
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:18:56 pm »
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to flightsim am running a powerful machine, Win 10, Nvidia k2200, 16Gb Ram, 250GB SSD. I have FSX Steam running Aerosoft airbus x, FS2Crew and a couple of scenery maps.  I've downloaded GSX, but for the life of me cant get it working.  I have done all of the recommended steps to install, disable AV, add the exceptions ect.. I have even gone as far as removing my AV completely to test.. still nothing.  I can see the files have installed but cant get any further, there is nothing in add-ons menu.

Please help me get this software up and running.

Thanks in advance

Neo
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:37:21 pm by neologic2k »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 12:18:35 pm »
there is nothing in add-ons menu.

You really have "nothing" in the "Addons" menu ? If this is what you meant, you have far bigger issues in your FSX than just GSX not working, unless you don't have any other 3rd party modules.

If there's "nothing" in your "Addons" menu, it's  possible your registry keys are wrong/pointing to the wrong folders, so the XML files that load the modules are not the one used by the sim.

Have you previously installed FSX:Steam when FSX was still installed, then you removed FSX afterwards ?

neologic2k

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 01:35:44 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I have other addons, FS2Crew, RASS Pro which do show up in the menu, just nothing for GSX.

Thanks, Neo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:20:53 am »
Thanks for the reply, I have other addons, FS2Crew, RASS Pro which do show up in the menu, just nothing for GSX.

I'll repeat it again:

If there's "nothing" in your "Addons" menu, it's  possible your registry keys are wrong/pointing to the wrong folders, so the XML files that load the modules are not the one used by the sim.

Have you previously installed FSX:Steam when FSX was still installed, then you removed FSX afterwards ?