Author Topic: Airport Design Editor  (Read 2180 times)

Michael1

Airport Design Editor
« on: September 21, 2018, 07:00:49 pm »
So anybody here who has purchased and installed Aerosoft's mega airport Rome LIRF scenery probably has noticed that the default static jetways look like vacuum cleaner attachments. in any event, I used GSX to place operational and much nicer looking jeyways in positions that would not affect the gate parking or interfere with the default eyesores. I then (not really knowing exactly what I was doing) to remove the default jetways using ADE. No luck, but all my GSX jetways disappeared. Doesn't GSX save it's configuration separately? I didn't think either program had any thing to do with the other. Oh well live and learn- it was easy enough to replace the gsx jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport Design Editor
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 07:16:48 pm »
You are not supposed to use ADE to remove jetways in a scenery, use the GSX Control Panel in combination with an Exclude file created by the GSX parking editor.

If a parking is not specifically flagged with an Exclude mark, no GSX jetways will appear. And, if you remove them from the original scenery with ADE, GSX cannot find their coordinates to replace them.

Basically, just follow the manual and the video tutorial posted here, there's no need to edit the original scenery.

Michael1

Re: Airport Design Editor
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 08:41:16 pm »
Hi; I did that, but using the eclsion radious and then subsequently compiling the .bgl in the GSX control panel didn't erast the default jetway, so I was trying to delete them manually. I didn't do it right. I even tried object converter x and tried to delete the jetway from the object library (since that was the only .bgl it would open) but again, no success. I personally blame it on my lack of knowledge and experience with scenery editing. In any event, I do have a functioning jetway at the appropriate locations as well as the poor by comparison sode jetways, so I'll take the partial victory and pretend that the default jetways don't exist.