Author Topic: Blue Angels are now moving to the Super Hornet  (Read 2705 times)

Azframer

Blue Angels are now moving to the Super Hornet
« on: July 29, 2016, 04:07:31 am »
I myself have been concerned that they could possibly move down in plane to something like the T-45 but I was very pleased when I read this my dad sent to me, and it could not open fast enough once I saw they were getting a new plane. The Super Hornet is such a sweet plane, with big improvements on the Legacy Hornet.

Rick
http://weartv.com/news/local/blue-angels-flight-team-gets-plane-upgrade

PhantomTweak

Re: Blue Angels are now moving to the Super Hornet
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 07:31:47 am »
Yaaaay!  8)  ;D
A lot better than when they transitioned phrom the Phantom to A-4's! IMO, for what it's worth, THAT was a big step down. The Phantom was a much greater plane in general, and a real crowd pleaser to boot.

However, I must say this good thing about A-4's...I met my lovely wife for the very first time when I was ogling her...ummmm...tush, let us say...as she stradled over the nose of a partially decocooned A-4, for'ard of the windscreen, scraping away at the cocooning. Right on the flightline road. I must have driven a tug past that A-4 10 times. It was a real challenge to keep coming up with reasons to take a tug SOMEwhere so I could drive by again. I didn't even recognize  her when I met her in a group of fellow bikers riding in a Memorial Day parade, there in Yuma. 1986. Almost burned up the engines sitting there Idling, until we started doing circles, caracoles, anything to move them through the air to try and cool them down a little. About 110° outside. The announcer said we had practiced these maneuvers for weeks, whereas we hadn't even met the others until that day. Still, LOOKED like we had practiced. Lotsa interweaving, and whatnot. Looked very professional!
She mentioned it a few years later, that it was her on the A-4. I hadn't put two and tush together until then! Right in front of her father. BLUSH!!  :P :'(

Anywho, I can't wait to see the Angels first show in the new birds! Wish I could see it in person...
Of course you realize, this means Jimi and all the rest have a huge project in front of them, making a Super Hornet for the FSDT FSX Blue Angels! Especially one as good as the v16.1.  :D

Pat☺

Azframer

Re: Blue Angels are now moving to the Super Hornet
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:51:31 am »
Yea you sound like you were just as happy as me in a move up to the Super Hornet. And I was thinking of Jimi's project too, 2nd thing I thought of. I would not be the end of it I would not think anyhow. I can't  say he would take on a Super Hornet project or not unless he got the right people on board at least. I am not that good at making exterior models yet, I have messed around with it a little. I mess around trying to figure out the order in which to do things and end up starting over to get things better. Trying to make it as few polygons as possible and making it look good still is the key.

But I messed around and started painting a Super Hornet model trying to get a Blue Angel paint scheme on it, it still needs work, I didn't really have a paint kit for it and need to make a layer for all the panel lines for it still. Don't want to venture to far out from my cockpit I have been working on. I did a side by side with the Legacy and the Super using FS Recorder. 1 is the Legacy and 2 is the Super. I will see if I can find a 3 view drawing of the Super and mess with it at some point I am sure.

Rick