Author Topic: GSX services at Aerosoft Fairbanks  (Read 2794 times)

Cfoley

GSX services at Aerosoft Fairbanks
« on: July 26, 2016, 04:47:27 am »
Hi,

I recently purchased an add on,  Aerosoft Fairbanks International (PAFA).  When I am at this airport, and parked at a gate, with the right size spot for the 737 or 757,  I don't get the option for GSX services.  It is not a gate size issue or a "No services available" issue.  Attached is what I get when I select for GSX.  Some "Dock" at Fairbanks seaplane base.  I checked the forums but cannot find anything regarding what this is.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:02:45 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX services at Aerosoft Fairbanks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 10:27:06 am »
This issue (which is not a GSX issue), has been discussed so many times on the forum, and of course is clearly explained in the manual in the "Airport Visibility" chapter.

Another explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12516.msg94925.html#msg94925

If the auxiliary airport has NO parkings, the CURRENT (with the latest update released last week) is able to automatically disable it, because an airport with no parkings surely cannot be useful to GSX. Setting the airports_visibility to 0 for that airport will achieve the same, but it's not needed anymore with the latest version of the software.

If the auxiliary airport, like in this case, HAS at least one parking, GSX cannot obviously decide on its own which one is the "correct" one to use, it will simply use the one with its center closest to your actual position. In this case, you must do something, which will be either:

1) Disabling the auxiliary airport by setting its airport_visibility to 0 ( the line will look like airport_visibility_FAI1 = 0 in your case ), so GSX will ignore it

OR

2) Setting the auxiliary airport visibility to a low value (like 0.3-0.5 NM), so GSX can even "switch" automatically between the two depending where you are located.

However, in case of a seaplane base, it would be better to exclude it altogether, since GSX doesn't have any service for seaplanes anyway...

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 06:44:57 am »
I updated the latest full installer, but that did not help.  I still do not have GSX services for Fairbanks.  It must be too close to that seaplane base area. It took a bit to understand what the issue is from the posts and documentation manual, but I don't know how to fix it from the documentation manual.  For one thing, where to do I find CouatlAddons.INI file?  I am concerned about messing it up if I don't know what I am doing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 12:52:18 pm »
I updated the latest full installer, but that did not help.  I still do not have GSX services for Fairbanks.  It must be too close to that seaplane base area.

Please re-read my last post carefully, since it includes everything you need to know about this. If there a seaplane area and this HAS a parking (even just one), this WON'T be automatically disabled by GSX, and for good reason, since you might WANT to use this other airport.

Which is why, I've said what  you have to do in these cases, which is EITHER setting a very low visibility for the auxiliary airport OR, if you don't want to bother with figuring out a proper range and just want to get rid of the auxiliary airport and use only the main one, just set its visibility to 0. This is of course clearly explained at page 21 of the manual, when the "Airport Visibility" parameter is explained.

Of course, you must first know which is the code of the auxiliary airport you want to remove, which can be checked by entering the GSX parking customization page, which will tell you the code of the airport you are in now. Once you know the code, it will be enough to add the following line:

airport_visibility_CODE = 0

In the proper section of the Couatladdons.ini, as explained at Page 21 of the GSX manual.

"CODE" of course, must be replaced with the actual code of the airport you want to remove.

The Couatladdons.iNI file is located under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, this is explained at the start of the chapter named "GSX Customization", at Page 20.