Author Topic: The GSX marshaller stopped me before I got to the gate  (Read 3290 times)

WebMaximus

The GSX marshaller stopped me before I got to the gate
« on: July 24, 2016, 09:14:21 pm »
Tonight I was directed to gate 22 at Aerosoft ENTC and following the GSX marshaller I stopped when he asked me to but it did feel odd because I wasn't all the way by the gate yet and sure enough when I after this brought up the GSX menu to ask for deboarding the menu instead showed my parkings alternatives meaning I was not yet in position at gate 22 even when the GSX marshaller said I was.

Is this something I can tune myself or is it a problem with the AFCAD or something else causing this?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The GSX marshaller stopped me before I got to the gate
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:34:11 am »
Is this something I can tune myself or is it a problem with the AFCAD or something else causing this?

Most likely. Which is why, the GSX scenery customization page indicates which AFCAD is used by GSX, so you can check if it's the correct one.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:52:36 pm »
Yes, I know of the customization tool but in this case I'm positive the correct (only) AFCAD is in use because I don't have anything else installed that would interfere. Will double-check though when I get home.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:32:02 pm »
As I thought the AFCAD that comes with the product is the one used. In this case it's called AFX_ENTC.bgl.

No big deal though really, I think I'll just disable the GSX marshaller instead and rely on my own parking skills ;)
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 06:44:50 pm »
No big deal though really, I think I'll just disable the GSX marshaller instead and rely on my own parking skills ;)

Please note the GSX marshaller is supposed to guide you with the center of the airplane ( the red cross when you see the plane from Top-down view ) in the same position as the parking center as defined in the AFCAD, which will be the same situation you would have ended up if you selected the parking from the standard "World->Go To Airport" menu.

Whether this is appropriate for that parking, or that airplane type, is an entirely different issue, which can usually be simulated correctly only when the scenery has been designed for GSX (such as several FSDT sceneries).

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 07:41:52 pm »
Yep, I'm all with you and clearly GSX won't be able to perform better than the underlying data it uses for its operation and in this kind of situation the AFCAD file simply isn't very accurate when it comes to parking positions and I think the same is true for quite a lot of airports.
Richard Åsberg