Author Topic: Individual service (not free); does it exist ?  (Read 2458 times)

pluto777

Individual service (not free); does it exist ?
« on: July 24, 2016, 01:14:26 pm »
Question: most of addons are not free, so i am wondering if some of the addon suppliers are also providing a kind of payed assistance for clients that are willing to pay for online assistance ( ex teamviewer assistance?)
Many FSX users are expierenced computer geeks, but remember also many simmers are just amateurs who like to fly sims. Because of the huge number of addons, different releases, updates, all these different operating systems, different performance in PC systems,  there is no general advice that can be given to a user (in my opinion) in order to solve issues. Every single issue has to be evaluated, conc system performance, versions, history of downloads, etc.. Trying to solve a simple issue sometimes takes months, just because the user is not enough experienced to locate the small issue, burried somewhere inside one of  the thousands of files... so, as myself, i am sure there are hundreds of enthousiasts who like to fly, but they are encountering problems for 1 years already, payed a lot money in trying to find other addons that maybe work better ( can this be the target of the providers ?)    So , in my opinion, many users would be happy to have a choice:  keep on trying and trying with the help of forum-free-advice, OR, contacting a kind of service that sales blocks of teamviewer assistance time, in order to help people that have been messing around for months and spent also lots of money, searching for their systems to run smoothly. 

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Individual service (not free); does it exist ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 02:24:32 pm »
Not sure where you're going on this... Developers are supposed to support you for purchased products, even if that means a team viewer session, but I wouldn't want people I don't know and trust rummaging around in my computer trying to fix something.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

pluto777

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 04:35:22 pm »
Ok, but therefore i talked about the choice for customers , to follow the usual way or to trust a vendor cooperator (like you ?) - i mean, somebody related to the vendor i bought my product at. Not simply anybody on this forum, as you suggest.
You must see it as an individual support, right to the target,  because there is a possibility to explore files on a live base, to determine where the gamer did something wrong.
Now, at the forum it's a  matter of questioning and waiting for answers and questioning again...
i can observe that  simple errors, sometimes can take 2 months until 5 questions and answers go back and forth in order to finally find a solution and close the case.
And yes, i am familiar with these systems; i already got teamviewer assistance from my pc vendor, also from my supplier of security camera's; they clarified some settings for me remotely on my pc, settings that would take me hours of time, they did in 10 mins, because they are the experienced vendor-cooperators, wich i am not...
And yes, i trust these people, they are not just anybody, and,  i am monitoring the things they are doing.

Maybe this is a hint for young ITrs with flight simulation experience, simmers are supposed to feel free to respond to their (payed) support-services

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 05:54:40 pm »
Just to clarify, I am not a "vendor cooperator".  I was on the beta team for GSX and got the product at no charge, I've paid for all my other FSDT products.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock