Author Topic: Couatl update received... crash  (Read 3924 times)

Egbert Drenth

Couatl update received... crash
« on: July 21, 2016, 07:33:20 pm »
Hi,

Couatl updated today and crashes each times
(Also after restarting OS)
Using P3D V3.2, Windows 10 X64

Please advice,
Egbert Drenth

couatl v3.1 (build 3487)
panic log started on Thu Jul 21 19:22:29 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 61, in switchToState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1193, in enter
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 91, in setVarRequestable
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 832, in enter
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 471, in enter
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 732, in enter
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 609, in enter
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 281, in enter
  File "couatl\common\__init__.py", line 104, in onSimStart
NameError: global name 'getAvatarId' is not defined
{}

acra24

Re: Couatl update received... crash
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:11:15 pm »
Hi

I had exactly the same error.  If you download and install the latest Setup addonmanager and install it, it may fix it.  It worked for me. v3.0.0.15.

Andrew

Egbert Drenth

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 08:21:17 pm »
Uhhr... Where can I download it  :D
I searched but couldn't find.

Daantjeeuh

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 08:43:14 pm »
I had the same issue. Redownloading and reinstalling the addon manager fixed it for me. You can find it here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 09:04:01 pm »
couatl v3.1 (build 3487)

This version is outdated. The notification you should have gotten was to exit from the sim and download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which would install the latest version of the software.

Daantjeeuh

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 09:27:29 pm »
couatl v3.1 (build 3487)

This version is outdated. The notification you should have gotten was to exit from the sim and download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which would install the latest version of the software.

I think I am not the only one, but for me it said I did not need to exit the sim. That apparently caused a faulty install or something, not sure

Egbert Drenth

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 09:37:23 pm »
couatl v3.1 (build 3487)

It notified me of an update after starting the sim, and downloaded/installed inline.
Will now download and install addon manager manually.

tonaz

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 10:22:11 pm »

So there must be some problems with the autoupdater. It is the updater that download that version.
got the same exact problem-error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 12:25:09 pm »
So there must be some problems with the autoupdater. It is the updater that download that version. got the same exact problem-error.

There are no problems with the auto-updater, if there were, we would have hundreds of similar reports of this happening, not just a couple, and of course we monitor the number of people that download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and we obviously see the peak in bandwidth consumption as soon we publish a major update, which is larger than the in-game one.

So, we can safely assume the notification to exit the sim and download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager is working for most of the users, what we don't know is why it doesn't work in a few cases. I suspect it might be related to caching of internet files happening locally.

However, that's besides the point because, even if you got a Minor update notification instead of a Major one, there's ANOTHER check, which you surely must have seen than, whenever there's an error, you ARE suggested to download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and this is done regardless if you got the notification or not.