Author Topic: NameError: global name 'getAvatarId' is not defined **SOLVED**  (Read 1912 times)

downscc

Started P3Dv3.3.5 today (worked fine yesterday) and Couatl updater asks me if I want to update.  I say OK and the installer runs. On restarting Couatl, I get error messages from I think the Add On Manager. GSX no longer available in P3D menu.  Couatl.log file last statement is Subject.

Now what?

UPDATE:  Downloaded complete GSX installer from product page. Ran installer, noted that download rate with installer running and downloading was about 17kb/s so it took awhile (I have 20mb/s service). Anyway, installer ran normal. Launched P3D all appears normal.  It's possible that the update had a bug fixed by installing complete GSX.  I presume the product page has latest updates.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:55:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: NameError: global name 'getAvatarId' is not defined
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:55:32 pm »
Started P3Dv3.3.5 today (worked fine yesterday) and Couatl updater asks me if I want to update.  I say OK and the installer runs. On restarting Couatl
Now what?

That's not normal. Yesterday's update is a Major one, so the message should have told you to *Exit* from the sim, and download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager. In fact, another user said it did exactly that:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14095.msg104189.html#msg104189

the update says I need new version of add on manager

UPDATE:  Downloaded complete GSX installer from product page. Ran installer, noted that download rate with installer running and downloading was about 17kb/s so it took awhile (I have 20mb/s service). Anyway, installer ran normal. Launched P3D all appears normal.  It's possible that the update had a bug fixed by installing complete GSX.  I presume the product page has latest updates.

Yes, installing the full GSX had the same effect of downloading and installing the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which is what you were supposed to be prompted to do in the first place. The Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, being smaller, should be easier to download when we release this kind of update, and so many users download it all at the same, slowing down the servers.