Author Topic: Can't install add-on manager **SOLVED**  (Read 2676 times)

rhenderson

Can't install add-on manager **SOLVED**
« on: July 20, 2016, 10:16:04 pm »

There has been an error copying bglmanx.dll

It says it is usually caused by defective antivirus, but antivirus has been disabled and still get message.

I has deactivated and re-activated GSX and this didn't help
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:58:06 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't install add-on manager
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:11:43 pm »
Assuming you are not trying to install the Addon Manager while FSX is running ( I hope you don't... ), the only other possible reason for this error is the antivirus, which is mistakenly blocking the installation of the file.

- Reboot Windows

- Install the Addon Manager with the antivirus disabled. Be sure you don't run TWO antivirus at the same time, for example the default Windows Defender and a 3rd party one. If you do (don't, because it will kill performances), you must disable them all.

- Also, configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FSX folder from scanning.

Of course, the "real" solution, should be switching to a more reliable antivirus, one that doesn't mistakenly flag legit programs digitally signed with anti-false positive standard signatures (like our own) as threats.

blacquesjacques

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 10:41:59 pm »
While in MS FS X it says you can update coutl  while running the sim and then says need new add-on manager and has prompt of yes or no; yes sends you to the add-on manager page while MS FS X is still running; but later you stated(FSDT) FS X should not be running. So I tried again with FX off and it did work; despite having my Window Defender turned on!

So GSX fixed (for now) after July 20th update!

rhenderson

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 12:27:41 am »
Resolved, thanks!