Author Topic: GSX Unexpected Shut Down Engines Request  (Read 3995 times)

downscc

GSX Unexpected Shut Down Engines Request
« on: July 19, 2016, 11:12:35 pm »
Using P3Dv3.3.5.  I found that if after landing, selecting gate, and taxiing to gate if the aircraft stops for any reason (such as ramp traffic), GSX is spoofed into thinking that aircraft has parked and it then issues the shut down engines message. Neither does the marshaller provide parking guidance.

Please add this to your to-do list.  Somehow inhibit the "aircraft is parked" state until the aircraft is within xx meters.  I notice the numbers that display showing distance to go and lateral error do still work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Unexpected Shut Down Engines Request
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:40:56 pm »
Please add this to your to-do list.  Somehow inhibit the "aircraft is parked" state until the aircraft is within xx meters.  I notice the numbers that display showing distance to go and lateral error do still work.

That's exactly how GSX always worked since it was released.

Your problem seems to indicate an AFCAD conflict, so the parking positions used by GSX don't match what you are seeing in the scenery. The scenery customization editor will tell you which AFCAD is used by GSX.

downscc

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 10:36:21 pm »
I wasn't clear, sorry.  If the aircraft is on a taxiway enroute to the gate area and stops, GSX thinks I'm parked.  I am not near any parking. This is not an AFCAD issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 02:08:13 pm »
I wasn't clear, sorry.  If the aircraft is on a taxiway enroute to the gate area and stops, GSX thinks I'm parked.

That's precisely how I understood it. But the issue is, it doesn't do that, and nobody else reported it so, it must be some problem with the wrong AFCAD being in use. That's why I said to check in the scenery customization editor which AFCAD is used by GSX.

downscc

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 08:32:45 pm »
It's done that at any airport, not just a few...., of course, I don't always stop during my taxi to gate.  Most recently, landed KSFO (Flightbeam) and stopped as I normally do after exiting runway to do after landing stuff and set up GSX for my gate F81. I start to taxi from Tango to Bravo and stop at B3 before entering the ramp.  At that  point, GSX thinks I'm parked and gives message  to shut down engines.  I check my AFCADs and with Simple Airport Scanner and have no duplicates. 

If you are saying GSX should not respond to a stop before parking as a stop for parking then okay, I thought I was reporting a minor bug that does not normally arise because we usually don't stop enroute to gate. If it is a minor bug then I'll accept your thanks. Either way, I'm moving on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 09:10:35 pm »
set up GSX for my gate F81. I start to taxi from Tango to Bravo and stop at B3 before entering the ramp.  At that  point, GSX thinks I'm parked and gives message  to shut down engines. 

Is B3 another parking ? If yes, it's normal that GSX will consider you to be parked as soon as you enter any parking, not necessarily the one you preselected. It always been like this, but it's not really a bug, just an unusual usage pattern.

If you plan a stopover on a gate, it's best if you select the final destination gate after moving away from the intermediate parking.

downscc

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 06:37:22 pm »
B3 is a taxiway..., I am stopped on a taxiway at the intersection of B and B3. GSX thinks I've parked. I'm no where near any parking in the AFCAD.  Sorry, every time I think I have explained it well I fail.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 01:50:58 pm »
B3 is a taxiway..., I am stopped on a taxiway at the intersection of B and B3. GSX thinks I've parked. I'm no where near any parking in the AFCAD.  Sorry, every time I think I have explained it well I fail.

I'm sorry, but if you are outside of a parking, there's no way that GSX will think you are parked. If it happens again, please provide all the following:

- The airport used

- The scenery used, if it's a 3rd party scenery, supply the name of the AFCAD, and check if this is the AFCAD used by GSX

- Your precise lat/lon coordinates

downscc

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 07:10:09 pm »
I have experienced this at several locations.  The last time I stopped enroute to gate was at KSFO using FlightBeam KSFOHD with their AFCAD KSFOHD.bgl, which is used by GSX. Location stopped is on Taxi B at intersection of Taxi B3 N37 37.34 W122 23.52.  I confirmed GSX is using KSFOHD by opening the parking position customization dialog box.

downscc

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »
The problem is repeatable for me at KSFO... have you tried?
I just ended a session at FSDT KDFW and could not invoke the error by stopping before crossing a runway or before entering ramp from taxiway..., odd.