Author Topic: Canberra Australia YSCB / ZSCB **SOLVED**  (Read 4496 times)

Bruce R

Canberra Australia YSCB / ZSCB **SOLVED**
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:22:11 am »
I'm using W7 64.  I have FSX and P3D V3.3 installed although I’m about to uninstall FSX (I’m practically through my change over period and do not use FSX anymore).  Most of my scenery addons in P3D V3.3 centre on New Zealand and Australia, and some Pacific Islands.   I have the latest version of GSX installed (1994 as administrator).  I’m happy with it, except I have a problem with Canberra - YSCB.

When parking at the domestic gates at Canberra – YSCB, I’m not able to use GSX.  It brings up ZSCB which is the GA craft part of the airfield.  If parked at any of the Dom gates and bring up the GSX Airport Customisation page, the airport shows as Airport ZSCB – Canberra GA, AFCAD…   \ORBX\FTX_Au\FTXAA_YSCB\Scenery\ORBX_ZSCB_APX.BGL 

I had a look at FSX.  It works correctly so I’m able to use the Dom gates.  In that sim AFCAD uses … \ORBX_YSCB_APX_static_1.BGL

I’ve noticed there is an “ORBX_YSCB_APX_static_1.BGL” file in the FXTAA_YSCB scenery folder in P3D V3.3.  Is there some way I am able to direct P3D V3.3 GSX to use AFCAD …\ORBX_YSCB_APX_static_1.BGL   or do you have any other ideas how I could get the Canberra Dom gates working?

Bruce R

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:35:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Canberra Australia YSCB / ZSCB
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 09:55:43 am »
When parking at the domestic gates at Canberra – YSCB, I’m not able to use GSX.  It brings up ZSCB which is the GA craft part of the airfield.  If parked at any of the Dom gates and bring up the GSX Airport Customisation page, the airport shows as Airport ZSCB – Canberra GA, AFCAD…   \ORBX\FTX_Au\FTXAA_YSCB\Scenery\ORBX_ZSCB_APX.BGL 

This is NOT a problem!!! This has been discussed so many times already, and of course it has been explained on the manual.

GSX IS working correctly as designed, it's just that you must configure it to handle these situations, as clearly indicated in the manual, Page 21, when the Airport Visibility is explained.

It brings up ZSCB which is the GA craft part of the airfield.

If this fake ICAO code HAS parkings (at least one), to represent the GA area, GSX is correctly using it. If this area is "inside" the main airport, you MUST use the airport_visibility_xxxx ( airport_visibility_ZSCB in this case ) line in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file, as explained on Page 21 of the GSX manual, to set a lower visibility range (default is 3.0 NM) for this area of the airport. For example 0.5 NM or something like that which will cover just about the GA area.

This way, GSX will automatically "switch" between the main airport and the auxiliary one, allowing to use BOTH set of parkings.

Instead, if you are not interested in the GA area and don't want to bother with choosing a visibility, just set airport_visibility_ZSCB = 0 and the GA area will never be used.

Bruce R

Re: Canberra Australia YSCB / ZSCB
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 04:24:43 am »
Thank you Umberto.  I had every faith that this had an easy fix.  I had been lurking around page 21 but with my low level of knowledge around techno matters I didn’t realise that was my fix.  Unfortunately my forum searches weren’t spread far enough.  I concentrated around YSCB and ZSCB and nothing came up. 

Anyway it’s all fixed and working.  I enjoy the product.  I appreciate your time to write a reply, even though you may have been repeating yourself.

Regards

Bruce R