Author Topic: No Positions at This Airport... **SOLVED**  (Read 5957 times)

Just Caliber

No Positions at This Airport... **SOLVED**
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:23:31 am »
I know this is a known error that as NOT been addressed. I know to restart couatl script and rebuild airport cache. but it takes a while (expected for big airports) but with some airports I have to do this every single time I land or load in. Very frustrating as you can imagine. Happens at LatinVFR MIAv3. After rebuiliding the airport cache, GSX works like it's supposed to. Landed in FlyTampa SYD and it said No positions at this airport. Weird because all my other FlyTampa sceneries just fine work fine. After it finishes doing it's thing, it said Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in xxx seconds. Then just say [GSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available.

It really appears that after MEM was released, GSX just went to sh*t. Worked perfectly fine. Now it doesn't.

Very disheartening to find out I have no ground services after a 15 hour flight...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:34:08 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Positions at This Airport...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 11:24:32 am »
I know this is a known error that as NOT been addressed.

That's because it's NOT a GSX problem, but some problem happening on your system.

After it finishes doing it's thing, it said Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in xxx seconds.

Then you should enable logging in the Troubleshooting section in the GSX - Settings, and check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file.

It should tell you WHY the cache regeneration has failed.

pablo636

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 05:12:20 pm »
Just landed in MIA by latinVFR and I found to have the same problem. checking what file GSX is looking for the parking I found that it take the wrong file...How I tell gsx what file to pick up?
Rebuilding the cache and restarting couatl seems to not work
thanks

Paolo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:33:20 pm »
Just landed in MIA by latinVFR and I found to have the same problem

You don't have the same problem. The OP said he must always regenerate the cache, and it results in a failure (that's why he always need to regenerate).

checking what file GSX is looking for the parking I found that it take the wrong file...How I tell gsx what file to pick up?

That's an entirely different problem, and it's probably the one explained in the manual and discussed so many times on the forum, to use the airport_visibility_xxxx parameter to exclude auxiliary airfields with fake ICAO codes used to represent helipads, seaplane bases, etc.

pablo636

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 05:36:55 pm »
OK thanks,
but it always worked for me, also with the latest versions, so I don't know if that file in the scenery folder was always there a this point!
I'll disable those file as I'm not sure that they were always where they are now

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 04:07:34 am »
I know this is a known error that as NOT been addressed. I know to restart couatl script and rebuild airport cache. but it takes a while (expected for big airports) but with some airports I have to do this every single time I land or load in. Very frustrating as you can imagine. Happens at LatinVFR MIAv3. After rebuiliding the airport cache, GSX works like it's supposed to. Landed in FlyTampa SYD and it said No positions at this airport. Weird because all my other FlyTampa sceneries just fine work fine. After it finishes doing it's thing, it said Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in xxx seconds. Then just say [GSX] Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available.

It really appears that after MEM was released, GSX just went to sh*t. Worked perfectly fine. Now it doesn't.

Very disheartening to find out I have no ground services after a 15 hour flight...

I had the same problem at LatinVFR KMIA where I would have to regenerate to get the parking spots but upon landing I would have none.

I was able to fix it by using the airport visibility tweak to exclude the other two "fake" AFCADs that are included in the LatinVFR scenery folder and now I don't need to regenerate the cache to get the parking spots.

Try this and see if it fixes the issue.

My only thing now is that I can't get any services at the gate beside FedEx. Still working on that issue.

Just Caliber

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 06:51:09 am »
What is this tweak you speak of?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:19:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 11:22:44 am »
My only thing now is that I can't get any services at the gate beside FedEx. Still working on that issue.

That's likely because they seem to have flagged every parking as Cargo, and since now GSX realistically separates between cargo and non-cargo operators, you'll have a cargo operator everywhere.

As they say: "trash-in" = "trash-out"

If the reason to flag everything as Cargo was to get rid of default FSX vehicles, they could have achieved the same effect by flagging the non-cargo as "Ga Ramp", and keep the distinction between cargo and non-cargo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 11:24:13 am »
What is this tweak you speak of?

In the GSX manual, of course. Page 21.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:08 am »

That's likely because they seem to have flagged every parking as Cargo, and since now GSX realistically separates between cargo and non-cargo operators, you'll have a cargo operator everywhere.

As they say: "trash-in" = "trash-out"

If the reason to flag everything as Cargo was to get rid of default FSX vehicles, they could have achieved the same effect by flagging the non-cargo as "Ga Ramp", and keep the distinction between cargo and non-cargo.

Ok, I'll check that and see if that's the case. I didn't know that gates flagged as cargo would do that.

Thanks

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 01:25:51 pm »
Until this morning, I was asked to download the latest update, now all AFCAD is again wiped out. No AFCAD is found in MMAA. Before the update, everything worked perfectly yesterday.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 06:10:58 pm »
Until this morning, I was asked to download the latest update, now all AFCAD is again wiped out. No AFCAD is found in MMAA. Before the update, everything worked perfectly yesterday.

It's not obviously possible that an update would "wipe out" an AFCAD for a 3rd party scenery. So, please, describe your problem more clearly:

- Which AFCAD is in use by GSX

- If you have used the airport_visibility parameter to exclude an airport.

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 10:11:02 pm »
Every airports I go, it kept saying no AFCAD is found, no ground service available. I decided to un-install GSX and re-installed GSX and standalone manager. Ta-da it came alive wooooooooooooooo!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 10:19:35 am »
Every airports I go, it kept saying no AFCAD is found, no ground service available. I decided to un-install GSX and re-installed GSX and standalone manager. Ta-da it came alive wooooooooooooooo!!!

There wasn't any need to uninstall and reinstall anything. You said you just updated it, so it was already updated.

I *guess* the issue was that you were trying to use GSX while the airport cache was still regenerating, so no airport could be usable until it was ready and all of them would say "no parking available" until the cache is ready.

If you don't exclude the FSX folder from the antivirus, this might take quite a bit of time.